Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I know if I have a G450 LE?

Are the LEs 16MB cards? Seriously..
    I just bought a G450 32MB DDR, and am getting pretty afraid. I am getting 21fps with Q3A @ 1024x768x32 High Quality with the default 16bit z-buffer.

Thanks!

BTW I just saw a few messages that were talking about "matrox not for gamers" and "I lied about purchasing a G450". I am going to need further inspection to know who the annoying person was typing these messages, for it wasn't me. I DID buy a G450 DH.

Use bilinear filtering instead of trilinear.

Rags

Comment

Gave me 2 additional fps.

BTW, what kind of tools do you reccomand for my product if I want to overclock it? MGATweak is a little too hard for me.

Comment

Powerstrip is the only one I know of that works with the G450.

That's strange that bilinear gives you only 2FPS, I get an increase of 10-15 by using it. Oh, and move the texture slider down one notch.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 28 March 2001).]

Comment

I moved the texture slider down one notch as you said and re-enabled Bilinear. Although it looked REAL ugly, nothing happened. Still 21fps.

What can be wrong here? I'm using Win98SE, VIA 4-in-1 4.29 FINAL, the most recent 2.03 BIOS, and the 6.50 drivers from Matrox.
          I'm also running DX8.

[This message has been edited by JackYi (edited 28 March 2001).]

Comment

It shouldn't make it ugly at all. The top notch of the slider makes use of a texture mode the G4xx does not use, so all you will gain is performance.

Rags

Comment

Do you mean the default texture detail setting with the 'High Quality' setting?

Comment

The "high quality" setting puts the texture slider all the way to the right. The G4xx will not render those extra textures, but it will still reduce performance, reduce the texture slider down one, and you won't lose image quality, but will gain fps.

Rags

Comment

Hmm..
                  Strange. Texture detail was never put to the max(all to the right) with my machine or anyone I had ever built. Strange indeed..

BTW I have some other questions to ask. First, how does the G400 compare to the G450 clock to clock? Some say the G450 is a lower performer, but others says its better.
                  Also, is the TurboGL driver "still" performing better then the OpenGL ICD that came with the reference driver?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X