Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel-Head™ Troubles

hello there,

I have been had this problem for a year or so now and i have finally started to get a little too annoyed at it..

The problem is every now and again when i reset, win98se resets the monitor(sonyE20017inch)driver back to the default generic driver,

Im running a diamondview 15inch on the second port(it runs off the generic driver) and the sony on the first port of my g400max DH.

Its almost like it is swapping the monitor drivers over sometimes... fixing the problem is easy , just reset again and it goes back..
    just like to know of a more permanent solution..

thanks in advance.

p.s I know monitor's dont have drivers just resolution settings, but the default driver overides resolution settings i have for the sony which is kind of annoying when it comes on with a refresh rate of 60hz at 1024x864 with its screen size 3 quarters the size of the actual screen width and length heheh.

p.ss I also turn on both monitors before starting the computer so theres no DH detecting troubles with the matrox.

pIII500
    Aopen AX6BC pro gold MB
    Matrox DH max 32meg
    6 gig and 30 gig Maxtor and IBM respectively
    Internal Zip
    HP Burner 8x
    DVD drive 3x
    Mx300 Soundcard
    ACS48 Altec Lansing Speakers
    Intelli Mouse
    Sony E200 17inch and diamondview 15inch
    Netgear 10/100mbit Network Card

ADam.
    http://cornidesign.onesweb.com
    www.cornidesign.com

Have you tried the latest drivers? the latest ones have solved a few problems regarding DH, as well as adding quite useful features.
    P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

Heya Evil thanks for answerin..

Ive got all my drivers updated. even the matrox bios is the latest and the MB bios is as well...

oh vell.. thanks anyway's evil.

------------------
      Quantum Computing : Reverse Engineering of Human Existance or The Evolution of Man/Woman
      www.cornidesign.com

Comment

Hi AD

Have you checked the device manager in safe mode?
        Perhaps there could be multiple Display Adapter devices... If you have multiple of them, delete them all. Even delete all existing Monitors.
        Restart, and you'll get the new hardware question. Then point to the unpacked driver folder.

Good luck,

------------------
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox G450 DDR 16MB, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 400, Asus CUSL2-C, Pentium III 1GHz + Golden Orb, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 40 40GB, 256MB, SBLive Platinum 5.1, Hauppauge TV-card, Plextor 12/10/32A burner, Pioneer 16x DVD, 3COM 905C Networkcard.
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
        X