Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2000, spoolsv.exe and Matrox

Hi,

This is a known problem. I bet your friend has the Novell Client software installed, right?

I have the same problem here, but only in combination with Novell. The problem has been discussed in some newsgroups, several people reported it (all using Matrox+W2K+Novell). AFAIK there's no solution to it, maybe W2K SP2 will help. For now I just start the Spool service manually after logging in. ;-)

cu

Hello Daius
    Not sure if this can help but have you installed the Win2k service pack? I couldnt get Radeon drivers to install until this 'deed was done'.

regards Michael
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Yep, he has Novell installed.
      Looks like we have to wait for sp2 and hope it fixes the problem.
      Thanks for the answers.

Daius

Comment

Looks to me like Novell has some fixes/work arounds.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I would say you want to look to Novell for your answers.
          Novell really do weem to have issue with their client software, all the problems at my last two places of work were with Novell clients.
          The usual fix from Novell is to drop back a couple of versions of their client - fixes lots of problems.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Win2000, spoolsv.exe and Matrox

Ok, a friend of mine has some problems with Win2000 Pro and a G400 card. If he tries to install the driver for the G400 the spoolsv.exe service (win2000) starts to use a lot of CPU (about 20 to 25 percent) and eats away memory (all of it if you give it enough time). We have tried the 5.51, 5.33, 5.20 and some others with the same result.
            Any ideas?

System spec:
            Asus CUV4X
            G400 32MB SH
            PIII 733 Mhz
            256 MB Ram
            Win2000 Pro + SP1
            Latest VIA 4in1
            MS VIA fix (3D)
            DirectX 8

BTW the install procedure was first win2000, VIA 4in1, DirectX 8, Matrox Driver, VIA fix.

Hope someone can help

Daius II

BTW I had a profile registered with the username Daius but if I try to check my profile I get wrong password.. If I request my password and username I'm receiving a mail with blank username and password. Can someone help me with this?

Comment

Working...
            X