Macrivision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrivision

I have posted this message from 100 to 1000 times, but i haven't the solution to my problem:
    Whot can I remove the macrovision protection to the tv output of the g-400 max??????????

THANKS

I think you are exaggerating. Besides, you have been replied to.

The macrovision protection implemented by Matrox exists within the video tools and drivers and is designed to prevent the copying of Macrovision-encoded sources via the Rainbow Runner (or Marvel) to the PC.

There is no additional Macrovision encoding on TV output. If your VCR refuses to accept macrovision encoded signals from your PC's TV out then this is a problem of your VCR, not your capture card.

Comment

get a video stabilizer device.
      ==
      "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Email me I give a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg
        surprise.
        Best
        theNeter

Comment

To remove the MV from the capture device you need the RRAPI.DLL and VCAP16.DLL patch. How to fix the DVD player I haven't found out. Anyone out there who knows?

Comment

So, what's the solution ??

thanks

Comment

You're not quite right This_Idiot! It is not a VCR problem when a VCR refuses to accept macrovision encoded signals. All modern VCRs <em>must be</em> designed, so that they are susceptible to macrovision.

If I understand Master correctly, he doesn't care squat about Rainbow Runner. The basic problem is: how do you stop the G400 Max drivers from applying the macrovision encoding in the first place? This is the only problem that needs to be solved, and I have yet to see a solution.

Comment

pederbc, I still don't get what RRAPI.DLL and VCAP16.DLL have to do with the G400? These are <em>not</em> part of the G400 drivers, they are Rainbow Runner (and Videotools) files.

If patching them enables capturing with Rainbow Runner, then hooray, but as you (sort of) said yourself, it does <em>not</em> change the TV output of the G400. Not the least bit!

Comment

Sorry 'bout that "Kruse"! I was totally fixed on the Marvel. Of course you're right. I don't know how the TVOut differs between the plain G400 and the G400 Marvel, but if it can be fixed with the RR in software it also should work for DVD (which then is the only MV problem).

Comment

TheNeter, do you have a solution ???

thanks for your answer...

Comment

Regarding:

> RRAPI.DLL and VCAP16.DLL

To clear things up, these are only useful in using the Matrox Video Tools to record FROM a source that already has the Macrovision signal in it.

Normally the MVT will detect Macrovision and simply refuse to record. Those two files cause the MVT recorder to ignore Macrovision and record anyway.

I am not sure, however, if the Macrovision gets recorded as well (I doubt it), but hey, at least you were able to make one recording at all.

- - -

Generally, to strip out Macrovision from any signal, you can get little boxes that will do this, although usually at a slightly noticeable loss in overall signal quality.

Pass your output signal through one of these and it should be cleaned of MV.

(Funny thing is: my local drugstore has these in stock. They also had those Klipsch THX PC speakers in stock too...)
                      - --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
                      P3-600
                      128MB
                      G400-TV
                      (everything else is incidental)

Comment

Local drug store? You mean "London Drugs" in western Canada?

I've got a black box but I wonder if any DVD's are encoded with the higher level of macrovision called "colorstripe" which the cheaper black boxes are unable to eliminate.

An alternative is to encode MPEG-1 directly from DVD's MPEG-2. I've had good results with this and have made very watchable VCD's that play in my stand-alone DVD player. The only drawback is that it takes 10 - 12 hrs for the conversion of a typical movie.

Comment

Just to clear things up reg RRAPI and VCAP. With the patched DLL's you can hook a MV source to the TVin and you'll get a MV free (totally) TVout. You don't even have to capture. Just make sure to have the "remote" running... So this in fact work just like the "black boxes", only better.

Comment

pederbc: Ahhhhhh! Cool. So basically, with these patched files, my Marvel G400 becomes a MV remover box...? Sweet.

Trinity: London Drugs...you bet. I am not originally from Western Canada, so when I walked into one I was pleasantly surprised. Their prices aren't always competitive, but they impressed the hell out of me when they had the sense to stock those Klipsch speakers. 2-week no-hassle cash-back policy is great too.
                            - --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
                            P3-600
                            128MB
                            G400-TV
                            (everything else is incidental)

Comment

so how to remove the copy protection using marvelg400tv and not having access to this little box thing?

where to get the "fixed" DLLs ?

------------------
                              M.Vicena
                              vicky@ultranet.sk
                              M.Vicena
                              vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

Working...
                              X