A7V133 rev. 1.05 won't post with a Matrox card installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7V133 rev. 1.05 won't post with a Matrox card installed

I've just purchased a new Asus A7V133 motherboard. Trouble is, it won't post with either of my Matrox cards, G400 16MB nor G450 32MB DDR.

It must be something to do with revision level 1.05 of the A7V133, because both cards worked with 1.04, and my old STB 4400 works OK with the new board.

What can it be?

Use the latest official BIOS. That doesn't work, try the latest beta BIOS. If you have an overclocked processor, put it back into spec.

Comment

Already done that. No luck. What could it be in the latest revision that could cause a conflict with the Matrox cards/

Comment

try increasing your AGP aperture size in bios to 128 or even 256!

Comment

Even better flash back with the backup of the bios you made if it gave you an option.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

pit: from what i understand the problem lies not within the bios but within the hardware revision..

i'd just turn the board in, if you have to tweak it to get your card running it will almost certainly be less stable than it could be...

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thank you very much for that information, if it's true i would have run into seriuos trouble with my G400Max, so i will go with a CUSL2-C instead of a A7V133.

Could that be the reason why Asus already ships revision 1.06 of the A7V133?

I'm really wondering why Asus has so much trouble with their A7Vxxx series motherboards, releasing a new rev. and new bioses every week ???

Best wishes

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by webjunkie99_de:

I'm really wondering why Asus has so much trouble with their A7Vxxx series motherboards, releasing a new rev. and new bioses every week ???

Best wishes
                </font>
                Check out some motherboard forums, you'll quickly see ASUS isn't the only one with numerous BIOS releases.

On the Abit board I have and certain GeForce cards, some have had to put the AGP Driving Value in BIOS to manual and play with the settings to get them to post.

------------------
                ABIT KT7A, Two RAID 0's * 900MHz Athlon T'bird, 133/33 @ 7.5 for 1000 * 256MB Crucial 7E PC/133 RAM * Four IBM 75GXP's * The Rest

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 24 March 2001).]
                MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                Matrox P
                X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
                X