How to modify g400 specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify g400 specs

I have a g400 and unfortunately it doesn't support agp 4x: when I bought it, I was sure that every g400 was agp 4x, but matrox told me that the early models were just agp 4x compatible, but they just run at agp 2X. Anyway the structure of the two releases is the same, so I'm trying to find somebody who can help me modifying the g400 board to obtain the agp 4X support

Not possible.
    The early 2x cards cannot be changed to support 4x transfers.
    Besides, you would see no difference in perfomance even if you could change it.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Just for kicks, how would you know right off the bat that your G400 is one of the later models that supports AGP 4X?

Comment

You gain nothing by enabling 4X. Your card is just as fast in 2x. You do not loose anything even when you go from 4X to 1X.

Comment

Biggs-
          Looking at the part number on the white sticker on the card will tell you which model it is.
          If the part# has a "4a" in it, it's 4x Agp capable.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X