G400Max + Via MVP3 + Win ME Big problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max + Via MVP3 + Win ME Big problem

Oh, few days ago I installed WinME on my k6-II 500Mhz, Dfi k6xv3+/66 MB, 128 MB, and matrox g400max. I'm using 6.50 driver from matrox and latest 4in1 4.29v drivers from via, but i keep coming blue screens with exceptions, and after that i need to reboot, started agp vxd in turbo mode, and it was every minute, than switched to standard mode and now I gor exceptions, but not every time. Someone with solution or same problem plz, reply.

WindowsME.. its a POS. That is most likely your problem.
    I've built quite a few SS7 systems and rarely had problems with the G400 until I tried using WinME.. what a crappy OS.

Comment

was this an upgrade or a fresh install of ME?

Comment

Boole,
        I hope you have your problem fixed by now, but if you haven't here is something to check.

VIA's install program installs the viagart.vxd file from the AGP33 directory on MVP3 chipsets. This is old and sometimes does not work with newer video card drivers. Check to see what was installed in your Windows\System directory. If the viagart.vxd is dated 11/16/1999 then it is the default for an MVP3 chipset and should be changed. Rename it so you won't lose it. Then copy the viagart.vxd from the VIA\AGPME directory to the Windows\System directory. Reboot and see if this fixes the problem.

I had this problem on an ATI Radeon, but have not had the problem on my G400 (its working fine with the 11/16/1999 viagart.vxd file and PD 6.50), so I'm not sure it will fix it, but its worth a try.

RAB
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
        X