This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 and Win2K

I bought a Marvel G400-TV last month along with some other new components. I installed them all, and then clean installed Windows 2000 Professional. I then proceeded to reinstall all of my hardware and the standard procedure. Once my Matrox card was installed, I went to test the capture, because I bought my card for that purpose. The onboard Hardware MJPEG capture would kick ass... or so I thought. It turns out that my card only captures a few seconds of video, between 200 and 2000 frames, but continues to capture audio once the video stops capturing. I just press record and do nothing, not even move the mouse, and the capturing stops capturing frames of video... The audio captures just fine. If I let it go on I can capture an entire 2GB avi with 127 frames of video at the beginning and the rest is black with just the sound. I've gone with this to the Matrox Forums with no luck. The Tech Support guy that talked with me hates me now, and I couldn't get anywhere with any of this. I've tried everything I could think of to remedy my situation, even formatting and reinstalling the OS again. Nothing works. My system specs are as follows:

EPoX 8KTA3 motherboard.
    AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900mhz.
    256MB of PC100 SDRAM.
    Marvel G400-TV.
    Windows 2000 Pro SP1.
    Western Digital ATA66 18GB hardrive. 8.60Mbps transfer rate with Matrox Benchmark.

My old capture card worked fine with the exception of not being able to capture higher than 320x240. Please help!
    <b>irc.foozone.net</b> port <b>6667 #Anime</b>

Welcom to the forums

We have a forum dedicated to just video capture/editing with Matrox cards. It's called Desktop Video (DTV). Those guys can help you best. Just "hop" over there. You can now find this thread in that forum...

Relocated to Desktop Video...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X