forgive me matrox for i have sinned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgive me matrox for i have sinned

i love my g400 dual head. it's a great card. the quality is top notch. but i do play alot of games on the side. after waiting and waiting. matrox still doesnt have a new chipset with better 3d performance

many moons ago nvidia released the geforce. and everyone was hoping matrox would blow it away with something, then the geforce 2 was released. and yet again ppl hoped. matrox has been tossing out hints to a new chipset for months. the g450 was a HUGE disappointment. not to mention doesnt really make sense considering the performance is almost the same as a g400 max. but the time has come when i need to upgrade and sadly matrox isnt going to be my choice this time. i honestly dont feel that the g800 will be worth the wait since they dont even have any official specs yet for us to drool over. while the g400 is still topnotch for 2d, the 3d performance is starting to become very noticeably behind the times. so i gave in and bought a geforce 2. i still have yet to decide what i'm gonna do with my retired g400. any suggestions?

Yeah, I will buy your G400 off your hands.

Rags

Comment

well i'm not gonna be selling it for at least a week, my new card is supposed to be here tuesday and i wanna give it a couple days incase i have a problem with it. make me an offer, chanun@home.com

Comment

1. you could send the new card back and get your money back, so you can spend it on the g800 (condor 2 ???), it will probably announced in 11 days (cebit).
        2. if you dont, you should sell the g400 before the g800 is announced, because prices for the old M chips are probably gonna drop.
        3. you could build up a second system for working and put your g400 in that one, use the gf for gaming

Comment

Yeah, I still use my G400, as I have three computers: The Radeon LE O/Ced @220core/220mem (anyone knows how to change the highest speed setting in powerstrip???) is paired with a Celeron 600 @ 1100 (122 FSB) on an Abit BF6 with 256 MB, which is my home computer; The G400 DH is currently in my main box coupled with a Pentium III 800 @ 1200 on a Abit SA6R with 256 MB and I have a G200 with Celeron 566 @ 1133 on an Asus CUSL2-M with 384 MB running Win2k (which is used as a server and TV...). When I get my G800, It will take the G400's current position as (Dual)head of staff, the G400 will go in the server and the G200 will replace my girlfriend TNT, as she doesn't play 3D games...

Matrox, enlighten us with all your chip knowledge and let the World Wide Wait rave about the innovation and power of your latest creation...

------------------
          What was necessary was done yesterday;
          We're currently working on the impossible;
          For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
          - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
          - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
          - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
          - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
          - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
          (Server)
          - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
          - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
          - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
          - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

Hey, I just realized that this topic has the ALMOST EXACT SAME NAME than the one I created a little while ago... you know Fro, I could sue you for this... ( But I won't, as I know that you probably didn't know

Watching your every moves,
            Francis Beausejour

------------------

(Workstation)
            (Server)
            - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">anyone knows how to change the highest speed setting in powerstrip??</font>
              I do.

With the latest PS3 release, you can set the floor and ceiling for the clock sliders by manually adding the following switches to the pstrip.ini file:

[Global Options]
              MinClk=75
              MaxClk=150

If your VE defaults to 146MHz, then the minimum here would be 146MHz*0.75 and the max would be 146MHz*1.50.

(Some rascal just released a standalone Radeon overclocker that you should also check out over on rage3d.com.)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ashley:
                I do.
                </font>
                I wonder why ...

Btw, Ashley ... your clock readings of the G450 are now correct.

Cheers,
                Maggi
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

...Celeron 566 @ 1133 on an Asus CUSL2-M

Yikes! How are you coolin' that sucker....?
                  =========================
                  <font size="1">ABIT VP6, Dual PIII 1.0Ghz's | 768 MB of Kingston RAM |
                  Dual IBM C-71 17" monitors | Matrox G400Max | Seagate Cheetah 10k 9.1gb SCSI U2W drive | Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller | Maxtor 60 GB and 80GB 7.2k IDE drives | Plextor Ultraplex 40max SCSI CD player
                  and Plexwriter 24/10/40a writer | Seagate Scorpion SCSI DAT drive | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | LinkSys NIC | <a href="http://lianli.com/11302001jcL_pc_case/jclpccase/jclpccase/pc70.html">Lian Lee PC-70USB Aluminum Tower </a> with 430 watt power supply
                  | assorted external SCSI and USB stuff | WinXP Pro</font></font>

Comment

Liquid Helium?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The Celeron 566 @ 1133 is a four weeks old CPU... Playing with a homemade wattercooling rig, I "kinda" killed the cpu (I forgot to put thr copper shim...). As there was no apparent cracks, I decided to try it out and gave Intel a call; three days later, I received a brand new one and returned the old one...

Current setting:
                      Celeron 566 @ 1133 (133FSB)
                      1.8 Volts
                      Alpha FC-PAL 6030 HS with Y.S. Tech 26 CFM Fan. CPU running in the low forties...

Working like a little Ant, kissing like a squid , and fragging like a King...
                      Francis Beausejour

------------------

(Workstation)
                      (Server)
                      - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB

Comment

oh yea, like i said i wanted to hang onto my trusty g400 for a bit. there was a problem...

i had returned a geforce sdr a while back because the tv out didnt work, and then it didnt work again, so i got my money back(i think it was due to lack of voltage in the mobo) but oh man...

i put the card in, fire it up, it seems ok. till i get to my desktop. it looked like an out of focus projector. i knew it wouldnt be the same 2d quality i was used to but this was ridiculous. got wrose at higher refresh rates and resolutions. tried every driver tweak, reg tweak, tweak program under the sun. tried 6 different sets of drivers. changed voltages multipliers, clock speeds.

basically you name it, i tried it. and there was a 120mm fan blowing across it to boot so it wasnt overheating. tech support told me nada. so now i have to rma the card. if the new one ends up lookin as bad i think i will just wait on a g800 or condor 2 or Matrox spiffy deluxe or whatever they're gonna call it.

can we say, karma slap?

Comment

Working...
                        X