Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??? Display hardware not capable of Arithmetic stretching (y) ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? Display hardware not capable of Arithmetic stretching (y) ???

I get this error whenusing the DivX-BSPlayer. I have the latest G400 drivers, but this seems not to help.

Can someone give me a hing in how to get the best DivX playback results (fullscreen).

I have a PII-500 with 512Mb of memory.

what's the advantage of BS Player over Mediaplayer? I mean, it decodes the video through the directshow filter.. the player won't have that much influence on it, or does it?

Comment

It runs smoother than Mediaplayer

Comment

LOL!!!

Now that is funny.

Rags

Comment

info bars????

what are you using? not WMP 7 or anything I hope?

and yes, I did read that WMP7 performs badly. Try a real mediaplayer, like WMP 6.4

Comment

erm... don't use ANY real media player at all!

they're just horrible

(yes, i know what you meant, dZeus, but i'm feeling funny right now )

AZ

[This message has been edited by az (edited 11 March 2001).]
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">erm... don't use ANY real media player att all!</font>
              I wholeheartedly agree on that!

AMEN!

Comment

Yeah, WMP7 runs poorly on my Windows setup. I reverted to 6.4

------------------
                Epox 8KTA3 w/ Duron 850@7.5*133 with Alpha 6035, 256MB Crucial 7E, G400MAX,SBLive!-MP3,Pioneer 10x DVD, Plextor 12/10/32A, IBM 45GB 75gxp, and a Sony 420GS. Running RH7.0 (2.4.0-final), and Win98 (when I have to).
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm using the windoze mediaplayer 6,4 and that version really sucks when I compare with the BSPlayer... My movies do not run smooth enough, and they are a bit jumpy (freezing etc.)

Why don't you guys take a try for the BSplayer <a href="http://bsplayer.cjb.net">http://bsplayer.cjb.net</a>. It is just a few files that can be run from a directory without any installing.

But back to Business. None of you did answer on my question... What does Arithmetic Stretching mean??

Comment

Why not try this player?

Rags

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
                      Why not try this player?
                      </font>
                      Is there any language packs for this player? I don't understand a bit from the menus etc...

Comment

thanks Rags, that's one cool media player!

only a few things that can be improved in future with this player: I can't play back .vob files with the WinDVD 2.3 directshow filter files

I'll email the author about it right away! If this player can replace WMP6.4 in functionality, I will immediately dump the latter

update: I just checked something... it doesn't need the MS MPEG-4 fix by Renee Prillop to use overlay for non-32-multiple MS MPEG4 movies!!

update2: damn.. I can't reach the author... something about a mail quota exceeded on his account

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 11 March 2001).]

Comment

The fact is that the Mediaplayer does not run as smooth as the BSplayer on MY system.

Then the BSplayer does not have the annoying info-bars etc. that Mediaplayer has!

Comment

Working...
                          X