G450: display properties there are no 2 cards available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450: display properties there are no 2 cards available

Somehow I can't get my G450 running optimal. When I go to the display properties there are no 2 cards available just the G450!

I installed the latest drivers 5.51 from Matrox and clicked the support for 2 displays with independent resolutions when installing.

It's a new Win2k installation!

My config:

Asus A7v
    Athlon 800
    128 MB 133
    Matrox G450 DDR 32 MB
    3com 905b-TX
    IBM DTLA 30 Gigz
    Soundblaster Live 1024 OEM
    Aopen 36x
    Pioneer 6x DVD

I tried reinstalling with the util on the site and reinstalling, but that didn't help a thing! I tried to install with setup.exe at first, that didn't work too, so I tried installing with add/new hardware -> matrox driver -> and then setup.exe but still... nothing...

Help please?

Are you hooking the second output to a TV? If so, there's a bug in these drivers that won't let that happen in true dual mode.

If not, goto display properties/settings/advanced/dualhead/ check DualHead Multidisplay, then click on the multidisplay settings box located to your right, and dialog box will pop up allowing to choose if you want independent resolutions, or stretched mode.

Rags

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
      Are you hooking the second output to a TV? If so, there's a bug in these drivers that won't let that happen in true dual mode.

If not, goto display properties/settings/advanced/dualhead/ check DualHead Multidisplay, then click on the multidisplay settings box located to your right, and dialog box will pop up allowing to choose if you want independent resolutions, or stretched mode.

Rags

</font>
      yup it's hooked on the tv... i'm gonna try without tv... thnx!

Comment

Working...
      X