Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New win2k drivers

Hi all,

I've been trying to install the latest win2k drivers for my G400MAX but I keep running into a problem:

The system reboots and then there are 2 Matrox cards listed in device manager. One of them is a G400MAX and the other card listed is a G400/G450. If I disable the old card and driver (the G400MAX), the system will reboot and autodetect it again, with the usual prompt for drivers. It looks for g400.sys, and that file does not appear to be in the latest driver package.

If I totally uninstall my card, and then install it using setup with the NEW drivers, the setup tells me that there are no compatible cards installed... Very strange considering I've been successfully using this killer card since it first came out in 1999 (I got one of the first ones, right from Matrox).

Anyway, does anybody have some pointers here? ... and yes, I did download the correct package..

Here is what it look slike in device manager:

http://24.200.7.201/hyboria/home/matrox.gif

Chris

[This message has been edited by cknapp (edited 06 March 2001).]

It's supposed to do this, don't sweat it, just go with the flow

I would goto control panel/add-remove programs, and choose Matrox software and uninstall from there. I would then reboot in safe mode and then remove any and all cards from the display part of device manager. Reboot, click cancel when windows asks for the drivers for you video card. Run the setup once windows is finished booting, then reboot. It's supposed to show two video cards under device manager with these drivers.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 06 March 2001).]

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a try.

C.

Comment

It worked like a charm, thanks Rags.

Comment

Working...
        X