Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there different sets of G400 gfx card Bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there different sets of G400 gfx card Bios?

Meaning does each Matrox Milliennum G400 32/12 or Single/Dual-Head with TV-out each has their own individual gfx Bios or it's basically all sharing the same even the higher end MAX version? I was hoping to know where to D/L this MAX version Bios but failed miserably as all I found is just the same overall G400 latest Bios version 2.03 at the refered Matrox URL. Pls can anybody who knows where or does this individual Bios exists? Thanks in advance.
    PIII-810
    Epox BX-6SE
    PC133 128MB CAS 2-2-2
    G400 32MB D.H. W/TV-Out
    34GXP 13.6 GB W/Promise Ultra66

Matrox supplies their BIOS in a "unified" package. They all come together, and are not offered as a separate d/l.
    There is no way to just flash a MAX bios onto a regular card as you are looking to do.
    The cards BIOS has an ID in it, and the unified BIOS will only flash the card with the proper bios for that ID.
    Do a forum search for BIOS overclocking or look in the FAQs, and you will find plenty of threads telling how to redo the PINs of your BIOS to get the same results.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for your replies but I'm a total newbie with these Matrox gfx card and would really appreciate if the relevent details is provided, Thanks in advance for this effort. BTW, would I viod my Matrxo 3 yrs warranty if I flashg it to MAX & revert back to my original if possible??? & Also if installing an 3rd party gfx chip coolers such as Blue-Orb, would it also void it? Thanks for everything.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Kruzin:
      Matrox supplies their BIOS in a "unified" package. They all come together, and are not offered as a separate d/l.
      There is no way to just flash a MAX bios onto a regular card as you are looking to do.
      The cards BIOS has an ID in it, and the unified BIOS will only flash the card with the proper bios for that ID.
      Do a forum search for BIOS overclocking or look in the FAQs, and you will find plenty of threads telling how to redo the PINs of your BIOS to get the same results.
      </font>
      PIII-810
      Epox BX-6SE
      PC133 128MB CAS 2-2-2
      G400 32MB D.H. W/TV-Out

Comment

YES
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks MOD. BTW, I did a search with the past acrhives input these "BIOs overclocking & even G400 BIOs Flash" doesn't offer the required solution for allowing me to know how & what to get this MAX BIOs flashed?

Finally, if I'm able to saved my original BIOs after updating into G400 MAX, then in future, I decided to revert back to the original"saved" G400 BIO, would it void my warranty too?
          PIII-810
          Epox BX-6SE
          PC133 128MB CAS 2-2-2
          G400 32MB D.H. W/TV-Out

Comment

Pls maybe, just point me to the excat URL for my own perusal to obtain my ideal intents. Thanks in advance.
            PIII-810
            Epox BX-6SE
            PC133 128MB CAS 2-2-2
            G400 32MB D.H. W/TV-Out

Comment

http://www.hunsow.tmfweb.nl/overclock.html
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
              X