The Hack to End all Hacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hack to End all Hacks!

I have finally done it folks! I have created a hack file for all you divx lovers out there! This will now allow you to play Divx encoded files through your Matrox Marvel g400TV through the tv out! WITH SOUND! FULL SCREEN!! this is the most exciting day since November 5, 1955, with the exception of April 22, 1977 of course! I have some more tweaking to do but i will release this file THIS WEEK!!!

I OWN YOUR ASS!!!

Somebody already did that.
    http://www.tac.ee/~prr/divxg400/
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Why post if you don't actually have anything? Besides, I'm pretty sure someone beat you to it.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Speaking of beat to it....
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Dang, hadn't seen that before..

The file i created modifies no registry entries. therefore it has no effect on Windows media player. It also contains no known playback bugs. It's a little bigger than the file mentioned above. Also does not restrict the file dimensions like that one.

2 known issues: 1) You have to run this file after each reboot before playing divx. 2) It may time out on you, but it's probably a matter of how many files you open and close. I have watched entire divx movies at once without it timing out. But if you open a whole bunch of files one right after another it may cause the hack to dis-engage.

I feel this is safer as it does not try to modify your registry. it "Fools" the matrox card into thinking that the Divx file is written as a supported codec.

It will be posted as soon as i find the web space to upload it to.

Comment

what do you mean with 'fools the G400 thinking it's a supported codec'?

The DivX filter that Rene Prillop wrote (which is linked in here) serves as a layer between the raw video file and the decode filter. When the width isn't devidable by 32, it adds black border so that it is devidable by 32 (at least that's how I was explained it works).

Comment

I haven't seen a file yet that it's added a black border to.. They've been full screen for me I'll try it though.. This is just what has worked for me.. i need a couple people to test it out

Comment

The file i created modifies no registry entries.
                Neither does DivXG400, except changes needed to register itself as DirectMedia Filter.

therefore it has no effect on Windows media player.

On what it has effect?
                Or does it mean, You are writing a full program, like Media Player?

Also does not restrict the file dimensions like that one.

Could You specify, what are the dimension restrictions of DivXG400?

I feel this is safer as it does not try to modify your registry. it "Fools" the matrox card into thinking that the Divx file is written as a supported codec.

I personally think, that all the fooling and undocumented bug-exploits are one to be afraid of, because they may depend on all levels of software used
                It is bit unclear for me, what do You mean with "fools matrox card"? There is not such line as "if (Codec==DivX) do_not_work();" in Matrox drivers. Problem is, that G400 can not be switched to YUV overlay mode, if image width is not multiple of 32 and there is no software workaround provided. It is just so simple.
                Could You please explain the idea how Your solution works? I'm very intrested.

I haven't seen a file yet that it's added a black border to..

You don't. Added black pixels are invisible in Media Player.

All this was not ment to critisize You in any way. It is very good, if there are number of workarounds for 32pix problem, so everyone can choose most suitable for him And I'd really like to know more about Your solution.

Comment

Hi,

just a question is there also a"hack" available to eliminate macrovision on a G400?

Thanks

Comment

Yes ... seek and ye shall find.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                    X