Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the matrox DVD player crash often for me. I must press play TWICE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the matrox DVD player crash often for me. I must press play TWICE!

If I have a DVD in the drive when I start the Matrox DVD player, it takes about 2 minutes before I can play a DVD. Also, even if I wait until the DVD player has LOADED, I still have to press play TWICE, EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to watch a DVD. Its very moody too. Sometimes it locks up my whole system. Is there something I should be doing? My setup is Win 98SE, G400 Max on Asus K7M with K7 550, 256 MB ram, Pioneer 303s scsi DVD drive and Adaptec 2930u scsi card. Works fine otherwise.

I have yet to see a single error via TV output, EVER. So I want to fix other probs.

Any suggestions? Also, what about the new Matrox DVD player software? Has anyone tried it?

[This message has been edited by ccoltas (edited 05 March 2001).]

Hello ccoltas.
    Did U tried reinstalling the player?

I'm using the RAVISENT CineMaster2000 player
    wich is basicly the same as the new MatroxDVD player.
    It is quite good & it has by far the best output
    compared 2 the other big players,
    although it can't compeat with CyberLink's
    PowerDVD 3 as far as the user interface & featurs.
    It takes alot of CPU power & with the DVDMax CPU usage U'll bring your computer 2 his neas,
    So U better have a respectable CPU.
    (I hope Matrox's new GXX0 will have some DVD acceloration shit in it).

I had some problems with it at 1st, but i managed 2 over come them, it's explaind
    HERE

Anywhay U can download the engine upgrade
    in that link & install it over the old MatroxDVD player, myB thats your answer.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ccoltas:
      ...My setup is Win 98SE, G400 Max on Asus K7M with K7 550, 256 MB ram, Pioneer 303s scsi DVD drive and Adaptec 2930u scsi card...

Any suggestions? Also, what about the new Matrox DVD player software? Has anyone tried it?

[This message has been edited by ccoltas (edited 05 March 2001).]
      </font>
      Hi,
      I have your same problems and DVD drive, therefore I think everything is caused by the Pioneer 303 coupled with Matrox player. I solved the problem with PowerDVD 3: it delivers good image quality (as good as Matrox player) and works fine with all DVDs (for example, with Matrox player I can't access scene selection in Matrix, while PowerDVD 3 has no problems).

Greetz,
      Jigsaw

Comment

Nope, can't be the combo of Pioneer's S303 and Matrox' VD Player itself, cos I use it for myself and I don't see those probs ...

I use the latest version of the Cinemaster engine though.
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
        X