• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get seperate resolutions in eDualhead

this is what i have:
    duron on KT7-Raid
    w2k with SP1 and IE5.5.
    Uninstalled the old drivers and installed the new 5.51 ones, and then installed eDualhead. But i can;t seem to find the "use seperate resolution" option. All i can see/find is where i want the monitor to be put: next to/ or on top the main monitor.

Who can help me out?
    AMD TB1,2 on a KT7-RAID, A201HT + 17", 396MB, Log. Itouch, G400-32DH, Plextwriter 12x4x32(SCSI), Ultraplex 32x(SCSI), Quantum LM plus 20GB, IBM 40GB, Maxtor 20GB

When you installed the drivers, you were asked if you wanted to install the extra dual head functionality? Did you say yes? Do you have 'Matrox G400/G450 DualHead' listed under Display Adapters in Device Manager?

If all yes so far then in the dual head tab of the powerdesk properties, hit 'Multi Display Settings' (where you see the 'where i want the monitor to be put: next to/or on top the main monitor' and tick the top box on the upper left of the window. Then reboot and you should be done!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Hmm, i didn't notice that question for extra dualhead functionality. I will uninstall the drivers again and insatll them again and will watch for this question. I don't have G400/G450 in display properties, just G400. But i will reinstall the drivers first. Or doesn't that work?

I reinstalled the drivers, but i didn't get the option where i could enable the extra dualhead capabillities.
      But i want them, so how will i do that?
      I can only stretch the display over 2 monitors, but that's not new.

[This message has been edited by Nicap (edited 02 March 2001).]
      AMD TB1,2 on a KT7-RAID, A201HT + 17", 396MB, Log. Itouch, G400-32DH, Plextwriter 12x4x32(SCSI), Ultraplex 32x(SCSI), Quantum LM plus 20GB, IBM 40GB, Maxtor 20GB

Comment

The trick to getting DualHead to work in Win2k is you HAVE to run setup. Usually it tells you you have a VGA adapter and to search for drivers for it. Usually that works for me but with this release, you need to run setup to get true dual head.

Comment

yeah - what glatuvit said. Try this: set your graphics card to Standard VGA, reboot, then run Setup from the downloaded drivers - DON'T point windows to the drivers and install it like that, you have to run setup and go through the motions that way.

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

ok, i'll try that tommorrow. I'm encoding a movie right now, so i can't try. I hope this will work.

Comment

Working...
            X