what YOU think the g800 specs should/will be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what YOU think the g800 specs should/will be

there will be a new chip from matox, and now that the nv20 has been released i think we should expect at least gefarce 2 gts performance, but how will this be achieved? i would like to see a 200mhz core and 400mhz ddr for the vanilla version, and about +20 mhz for the max version. i'm not sure that we will see multi chip versions due to the diffuculty that ATI have had with this technique but i would like to see ATI style hsr technology. i wonder if matrox can ramp up the ramdac to 400mhz to extend their lead in this area, and provide higher resolutions for 22"+ monitors
    so what do you other murcers think?

------------------
    -------------------------
    athlon classic 666
    asus k7m @111fsb
    128mb pc100 cas 222
    g400max @ 165/220
    win98se
    pdesk 6.21
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Here we go again...

Comment

Yawn ... so been there, done that.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I don't want to know what anymore, I want to know when...

Please let someone say an honest *SOON*
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

... soon ...

Comment

Keep faith in the big M. They have said that they intend to stay in the gaming business just a little bit longer in a interview i read at Firingsquad.

I say just like everybody else...SOOOON!!!

Comment

Honest?
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

I don't care anymore, a few months ago I bought an MX card and it's enough for the next few months + it was cheap so I have enough money for a new card once something good comes out (whether it's a matrox or not).

I know what I'd want to have in my next card though:

Full DirectX 8, OpenGL 1.2, HSR, Matrox grade drivers (pixeltouch and the other things I love so much), G400/Radeon image quality, 3dfx quality FSAA, nVIDIA OpenGL performance, GeForce 2 level T&L and EMBM.
                Software Glide emulation in the driver (wrapper) for the old classic games would be nice too.
                And yes, 200Mhz core / 400Mhz memory interface seems to be right on spot.

I miss the days when the best setup on earth was a Matrox Millenium and a VooDoo II.
                The days when everything Tom had to speak about was the differences between VooDoo II cards and the cable that came with them. The days where the fight for the crown was between Matrox and Number 9, PowerDesk vs. HawkEye, Millenium vs. Imagine 128.

Those were the best days. PcMagazine was full of different kinds of hardware, different kinds of video chipsets (Matrox, Diamond, No.9, Tseng Labs, S3, CL etc. etc. etc.) You had a real choice back then. Hercules and Elsa were brand names, today you can choose Hercules/Asus/Elsa and you'll get the same thing - nVIDIA. Bah!

I don't have much personaly against nVIDIA, it was actually 3dfx who started by buying STB and later VIA buying S3 buying Diamond. Instead of many small ocmpanies and a big choice, we have a few huge companies and very little choice.

------------------
                I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Dogbert:

I know what I'd want to have in my next card though:

Full DirectX 8, OpenGL 1.2, HSR, Matrox grade drivers... yada yada yada
                  </font>
                  No need to speculate anymore... the next gen Matrox card is very very near and soon we'll know. AmigaOnes (with next gen matrox card) have already been sent to developers and even beta testers since february, I beleive that the announcement of the new chip will be made in the next few days.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Ant:

I would tend to doubt that The Chip Formerly Known As... will be this card, it will be the next next gen product from Matrox.
                  </font>
                  What do u mean? Are there 2 new chips?

Comment

I was looking at review of the new edualhead thats in the newest driver release for the G4xx family and they where saying that the G450 will be having another product added to its line very soon. Maybe Matrox is planning on a G450MAX with T&L added to it and the true G800 will be out in the Fall with all the neat features like embedded video RAM, etc etc. I'll be a little let down if this whats gonna happen but its better then nothing. The link was over at andad's web site...

Scott

------------------
                    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

specs ? mmm... yes, i would like to have
                      blue G800 with metallic blue heatsinks ?
                      please
                      clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

well,

I think a Black and gold card should be faster, isn't it ?

Comment

I still don't know what in the world Matrox is thinking by waiting so long in releasing their next gen board. All I can say is it must be pretty revolutionary when it does finally come out. If it delivers anything less than top notch features and 3D acceleration, I cannot see even the most die-hard of fans that will wait another two years for their next product...

------------------
                          Celeron 366@567 2.2V, 128meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

There is something to be said about ensuring a product will work w/ most of the chipsets... alot more than nvidia has ever really cared about. After all, nvidia makes chips, not cards. its up to the manufacturer to ensure it works. most of the time they really don't care.

Granted, there is also something to be said about releasing a product in a timely manner, but i'm not even going there.... we are not dissing 3dfx now....
                            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

everything i heard about gf3 says that its not much faster than gf2ultra in 16bit, and that the main speedbonus is because of all the new features.
                              also some of the (german) magazines that said matrox was propably out of the gaming market 6 monts ago are now talking about rumors including: matrox, cebit and new chipsets.
                              i wont be surprised if they announce a state-of-the-art graphic card in the next few days, but i wont be surprised if they dont

Comment

Working...
                              X