Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difficulties with refreshrate in Win98(SE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulties with refreshrate in Win98(SE)

Hi,

Today I bought a G450DH, and the installation and everything went smoothly. One monitor (Iiyama Vision Master Pro 510, 22") was running fine @ 1600x1200x100Hz, my other monitor (Belinea 10 30 40, 17") was running at 1280x1024x75Hz, no problems there.

However, when I saw there were new drivers available, and I installed them, the Iiyama refused to run at a refresh higher then 75Hz, at 1600x1200. I can't change this in the Matrox settings.

Is there any way i can get the refresh higher?

------------------

Hi Rick,

Did you use an uninstaller for the drivers, or uninstall them through add/remove programs, before you installed the new drivers?

Or did you just install the new drivers over the old ones? For that might be the problem.

Your PC needs to reboot when you uninstall the old drivers, before you can install the new ones.

A final note: You may have to disable dualhead before you uninstall the old drivers, and reinit it when you installed the new ones. Did you download and install eDualhead at the same time?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Try disabling dualhead first then see if you can tweak the refresh using "Monitor Settings" in display properties/settings/advanced.

Rags

Comment

Thanks guys, disabling dualhead did the trick

Comment

Well, it did the trick when i was running single-monitor, yes.

But now, when running dual, it goes back to 75Hz

Comment

What you do is disable dualhead, use monitor settings to set all of the modes you will be using, save the configuration to disk, then switch to dualhead mode, then load the configuration you already saved.

Rags

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
              What you do is disable dualhead, use monitor settings to set all of the modes you will be using, save the configuration to disk, then switch to dualhead mode, then load the configuration you already saved.

Rags

</font>
              I did that, and in the monitor setup screen it said 103Hz (which i set up while in single monitor), yet when i wanted to apply the changes, it wouldn't go any higher then 75Hz .

Comment

Working...
              X