Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Win2K and 9x drivers with a BIG bonus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Win2K and 9x drivers with a BIG bonus!

The BIG bonus is for Win2k DualHead users.
    REAL DUALHEAD!!
    That's right! You can now use DH multi display in Win2k with different resolutions on each monitor!

The drivers are located on the Matrox FTP site, and will probably be posted on the regular web site later today:
    Win2k 5.51:
    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_2k/2001/
    Win9x v6.50:
    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_9x/2001/
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

1st!!!!
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Are the Win9x drivers complete, as far as anyone can tell? As I think a size of 3.157.744 bytes is a tad small, compared to the 6.23 drivers being 4.519.362 bytes. Could be me

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Probably due to no Win95 and no G200 series support.

Haig

Comment

maybe because there's no G200 support in these drivers if I'm not mistaken

oops, Haig was a tad faster!

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 26 February 2001).]

Comment

Comment

They just got rid of some unnecessary extra crap *coughg200supportcough*. Just guessing...
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Come on people, how many of you are reading this and posting at the same time?
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

If my browsers keeps from crashing I can say THAHAHANKS ALREADY

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Way to go Matrox!!! If they really got around the OS limitations, they have a major breakthrough. Not Nvidia nor ATI have done it.

I´m downloading it and praying for it to fix the "no AGP texturing" bug that 5.3x introduced in most VIA/Athlon systems, or else They will be of no use for many people...

Comment

I figure I'll ask this now to get it out of the way..

Any release notes on the new drivers? :P

Comment

The only things I can tell you off hand are:

1. Under true DH mode, you can't run 3D accelerated games (yet). Stretched desktop mode still works the same.

2. I haven't had any problems with HL/TFC and leaving a game to the menu and returning back to the game with this release (yet).

Haig may have some official notes, but these are just a couple that I have noticed.

Rags

Comment

I would ask how they got around it, but I guess its a VERY well kept secret.

Matrox now have a HUGE advantage over every single other multi monitor card out on the market and I guess they want to keep that advantage for as long as possible.

Its great that the reviews Ive seen of all 3 DH cards say that the G4XX series is slightly better that the other implementations, this driver release will make them much better than the others.

WEll done Matrox (although I havent tried them myself yet).

Ali

Comment

At least I like the new Win9x DualHead interface setup. Everything visible in one screen. And editable as well. Kewl Haig!
                            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I would guess you are right, they wouldn't want the "other guys" to figure this out too soon

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X