Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium II win2000 sync on green

Hi,

i'm having a problem with my millenium card and a 17' fixed freq. monitor. I got it up and running on my linux machine under SVGATextMode and XFree no problem. But now I got a second one last month. and have been trying to use it as a secondary monitor on my win2000 machine. Sinds matrox does not support win2K for the millenium II i've been looking for alternatives to turn on the sync on green and altering the hor. and ver. timings for the monitor.

I've found out so far that there are tools available on the net => scitech displa docter, hztool and powerstrip. some of these dont support changing the timeing of a secondary adapter and others that do don't support win2k.

Now I know the simplest of sollutions would be using a different OS or multibooting OS's but than then the challange would be gone.

Right now I'm a litte stuck so if anybody has any ideas what so ever please tell me.

Or if someone could direct me to a page explaining how the change a HP A1497A monitor for BNC3 sync on green to BNC5 (that's with H and V sync connecters) I would be just as happy.

I also tried building my own sync on green adapter, but that resulted in pretty poor inmage quality compared to what the millenium can do.

So one again any help would be greatly appreciated..=)

Greetings,

Erik Scholten.

Actually PowerDesk version 5.33.006 does include an updated Millenium II driver for W2K. There are a few problems with it (e.g. no true color support over 1280x1024, corrupted displays in certain configurations), but otherwise it works well.

I'd try installing this driver and then use Powerstrip 3.0 beta to see if you can enable the sync on green option:
    http://www.entechtaiwan.com/cgi-bin/...es/ps3beta.exe

Also take a look here for details on the bugs with this Millenium II driver:
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000607.html

Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,

Thanks very must for the quick reply and I'm goning to take your advice immediatly..

I have win2k sp1 already now. I will try and install the powerdesk driver and the powerstrip beta and try to get it runnig.. Either way I'll post a reply if it worked or not.. but tis is already very helpfull...

Erik Scholten

Comment

Frank, Thanks a million it worked like a charm.. I only had to use my Xfree timings with powerstrip. and succes =) the picture is stable, not fully screen filling..just missing a few cm on each side but that requires some more tweaking..

Again thanks a million.

Erik..

Comment

Working...
        X