X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally dumped my G400

Hi,

Well, I finally pulled my G400 and replaced it with an ATi Radeon 64 Vivo. Boys and girls, the Radeon is every bit as good as the G400 text and colour wise, and blows past the G400 in 3D by at least 50%!!!

If anyone else is tired of the G400's lacklustre 3D but is unwilling to go down a notch in 2D, the Radeon cards are for you.

Moreover, the 3D quality is at least as good as the G400's, too

The best of both worlds at a nice price!

Todd

SB what res and monitor size are you running?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Greebe,

I have a TTX 8997 19 inch monitor running at 1600x1200x32 bit colour.

I literally cannot tell the visual difference between the Radeon 64 and the G400 in 2D. They are identical. (The Radeon might even be superior but is in no way inferior.)

But for gaming--WOW!!! The Radeon is a killer, even keeping up very well with the new G-Force 3 in some areas, according to the Digit Life review of the G-Force 3.

Comment

Let me ask you this... why are you trying to sway people away from Matrox products in a Pro Matrox forum???

I'd suggest deleting this thread and move it over to the Soap Box cause right here you will be flamed.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well I don't see a reason why.

Yes he is raving a bit - because he has just experienced nice looking and fast going games at high resolutions, something his previous card was not able to do - but he decided to share his feelings about his new card with us. And he didn't insult neither the G400, nor Matrox, nor you.
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Impact this forum is for Matrox only related hardware. The #1 reason is exploited.

Comment

Greebe,

Why the sudden changwe of attitude?

First you sounded interested and wanted to know the resolution I was working at.

Suddenly you have turned nasty, accusing me of trying to start a flame war.

I am not ranting. I am raving about a video card that is in all ways superior to my old G400.

Are you so immature that you can't stand to hear that companies other than Matrox make great gear?

Grow a thicker skin fella.

Comment

OIC Greebe. Still, I think wouldn't it be better to just move this to General Hardware then?

I just wanted to say that I do not see any reason why this should turn into a flamewar.

But you're the moderator here, so if you wish, you may relocate this thread to Soap Box and flame away. Without me, of course.

Comment

Ok we will now all calm down, mmmkay? And Greebe (or anyone else) move the thread.

Comment

Just let me say this: I absolutely love Matrox gear. I've owned three of their cards; the original Mystique, the G200 and the G400. All have been excellent cards and I would have recommended them to anyone at the time they were current.

No Matrox card is current with regards to 3D performance in games.

My post was simply meant to convey my joy that there is actually an alternative now to Matrox's standard setting 2D image quality. And the Radeon is just incredible with games.

End of rave

Comment

I doubt your monitor can display 1600x1200 sharp enough to see a difference between the Radeon and the G400 (or maybe it can, and that could have been the reason why Greebe asked you about it?).

Try 1440x1080 instead on a 19". What? You can't use that res. on your Radeon? too bad!

Comment

Dzeus I was wondering this. Must be very expensive monitor.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

My monitor displays 1400x1050 without any problems. Also 1280x960. It maxes out at 1920x1440.

What is this? A "mine's bigger than your's" tussle?

In my opinion Matrox has always been the standard to measure 2D quality by. Now it has found its match in the Radeon.

Is this a crime?

Comment

dZeus,

Matrox has superior 2D,
                            but you canĀ“t see it?

Comment

I've got an Iiyama thats supposed to do 1940 * 1440 but the image is getting crappy at 1280 * 1240. Thats even with a bnc cable. I've also got an Nec fe950 which I wouldn't run at 1600 * 1200 as the quality is also dropping at 1280 * 1240 but not as much as the Iiyama.
                              So I'm back to what I orginally said you must have a very good monitor.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X