Can't get "True DualHead" working in Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get "True DualHead" working in Win2k

Hmmm, I can't seem to get "True DualHead" to work under Win2k with the 5.51 drivers. Everything installs ok, and I end up with a Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead - English plus a Matrox G400/G450 DualHead in Device Manager. Under DualHead Multi-Display Settings, I have "Separate resolutions and color palettes for both displays" selected. The dialog states that now I should have an "Extend my Windows desktop..." choice under Settings in Display Properties, but this is nowhere to be found.

Does "True DualHead" not work if the 2nd display is a TV??

------------------
    Mark Veneziano
    Mark Veneziano

Can you do me a favor and post your complete system specs?

Rags

Comment

Hi,

I have the same Problem.
      1st Display is 1280x1024 75Hz, 2nd should be TV-PAL with 640x480 (50Hz).
      The only thing I can choose is normal MultiMonitor display (same Res and Freq).

Spec: Abit KT7, Duron 600, 256MB, G400DH32, SBLive!, Adaptec2940AU, HD, CD, DVD etc.

Any Idea?

DC

Comment

Could it be that it is what Matrox means with
        <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">- When in True DualHead mode, OpenGL and Direct3D support will be in software mode only for this release.
        - When in True DualHead mode, all original DualHead features (DualHead I) are not available for this release.
        - TV out adjustment for G400 is not functional.
        </font>
        as said in the release notes?

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I can't get 'true' dualhead to work either with a tv as secondary output device. WHen I hook up another monitor, it works fine. Otherwise it just reverts to the old method when I reboot when I select the 'independant res' option. This is in Win2k

Comment

See this topic over at the Matrox tech support forums:

<a href="http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/Forum3/HTML/001482.html">http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/Forum3/HTML/001482.html</a>

My specs:
            P4-1.5G, Asus P4T, G400MAX+RR-G, 256M PC800, SBLive(original), 3c905c Enet, 29160 SCSI, VS P817 monitor, Win2kSP1, no overclocking and no beta SW

------------------
            Mark Veneziano
            Mark Veneziano

Comment

Working...
            X