Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is eDualHead ?

Hi,

I just found in an advertisement from Matrox 'watch out for eDualHead, the next generation DualHead.'

What is that supposed to mean?

DC

PS: seen on the back of the c't/germany

wait and see

Comment

I knew you would be a big help .....

Comment

hey dc, its explained on www.chip.de
        i wonder if its available for g400 as well, trying to download it right now

Comment

Did you find it somewhere on the matrox-site? have a link?

DC

Comment

Basically (what my rudimentary knowledge of the german language suggests after reading the site) eDualHead gives you additional functions that help you surf the web. These are named PageWrap, PageLog and PageJump.

PageWrap should be helpful when you have to read large page, it will split the page on both monitors, just like the pages are arranged in a book. PageJump will allow you to switch between opened browser windows easily. PageLog should somehow allow you to go to pages already viewed without having to click the Back button on your browser.

At least this is what I understood.
            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Supposedly, you ned IE 5.5 and SP 1 to get it to work. It should be somewhere on the matrox site.

Comment

First one to find it gets a cookie!

Comment

didnt find it yet, but since i dont like cookies that much ill wait till one of you finds it

besides, eDualhead is not a good name, sounds a little bit like "oh-no, dual head", even DualHead-e would have been better.

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 26 February 2001).]

Comment

It's like eCommerce, eBusiness etc...

Dammit I cannot find it there, too. Is this some sort of soon-to-be-released features?

Comment

its gonna be available at around 5 or 6 pm german time, which would be around noon in the US.

Comment

i know what the "e" is supposed to mean, i still think they could have been more creative with it, something like dualweb

Comment

17:00 - 18:00? Since it's 12:50 now, that's a lot of time. Do you know whether it's gonna be an addon or a new set of drivers or something like that? And will it work on a G400, too?

DualWeb sounds really groovy. Maybe you ought to mail them and suggest it.

Comment

allright, this is what the article says:

Millenium g450: price cut and new features for downloading

Mülheim (in) - Together with a price cut for the millenium g450 from 449 to 399 Mark matrox offers additional features for the dualhead video card. the edualhead from matrox is supposed to improve the navigation throught the internet with the functions page wrap, pagelog and pagejump.

page wrap makes it possible to read longer texts on the web like a book - for example split on two screens. Page log remembers all internet sites called upon during a session, with the help of an additional window one kann go back to a previous page without tiresome back-clicking on the browser. page jump makes a comfortable navigation between opened browser windows possible.

the edualhead is compatible to the microsoft internet explorer up from version 5.5 with sp 1. because of the time difference the tool will be available between 17:00 and 18:00 o'clock germon time for download today.

no alta vista used, excuse any mistakes

Comment

anyone found it yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X