Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird display problems with new G450

Hi everyone...

I've been using G400 cards on 3 machines with no problems for the past year. I just installed a new G450 card on a machine at work to replace an ATI Rage Turbo Pro card. It appeared to install correctly... but when I run Photoshop 5, the display becomes garbled and stays that way until I reboot. This machine is a homebuilt P3-600E@630 running on a Soyo 7VCA (VIA) mobo. This happens with both the installation CD drivers (dated 8/2000) and the newest drivers I downloaded from Matrox (dated Jan 2001... 6.23?) I've never seen this happen before. Are there any issues with the G450 and VIA? My 3 G400 cards have been rock solid from the start, so I'm a bit surprised. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I've removed the G450 for now and re-installed the ATI card, but I'd like to get it going.... thanks.

Dennis

First off: Welcome aboard !

Your problem sounds like the chip is getting too hot ...

For a test you could leave your case open and also make sure it doesn't share its IRQ.

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hi...

I'm not really new around here, but I haven't been on for a few months and I forgot my password so I had to re-register with a different handle...

I don't think the chip could be too hot, as I have 3 fans including an Alpha cooler in this machine. The temps are quite a bit cooler than in my other machines running stably with G400's.

It's just weird... the display is fine while running Quark or Outlook or Internet Explorer... than I open up Photoshop and I get major distortion (menus are unreadable) and it continues after I quit Photoshop, effecting everything, until I reboot. I would have spent more time troubleshooting, but it was too irritating and time was short. I'll spend some more time with it tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
      X