Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 and Powerstrip, adding refresh rates to Win2K

Hi-

I've been using Powerstrip 2.xx with my work G400 and home G200. I recently replaced my G200 with a G450.

I have Win2K on all of these machines. I like to run them at their highest refresh rates possible by setting it with Powerstrip. Powerstrip 2.78 doesn't seem to want to work with my G450- the image becomes all shimmery. Has anyone else experienced this?

I tried the new beta for Powerstrip 3- that allows me to up the refresh without the above effects from 2.78, but it seems to be rather buggy (I'm having other side effects)...

Also, I finally tried the mtsu and PDResMgr utilities- I had been under the impression that they allow you to add entries to for resolutions AND refresh rates- but after trying both of them out, I realized they only let you add resolutions (and not set the refresh rate). Am I correct- or did I miss something?

Anyway, my questions: is there a utility that will let me add an entry into Matrox's driver that will let me set both the resolution and refresh, and if not, has anyone seen the above behavior from a G450 and Powerdesk 2.7x and know how to get it working properly?

Thanks!

ps- Matrox's driver will let me run 1152x864 at 85 Hz, my monitor can do 1152x864 at 123 Hz...

pps- anyone know if Windows XP allows for more monitor setting entries? Along with lack of dual head features, this is my other big nit with Win2K and video card drivers...

Hmmm, can you explain to me why on earth you would be using a third party application to set refresh rates, when Matrox includes everything you need to do it in the drivers?

Rags

Comment

> Hmmm, can you explain to me why on earth
      > you would be using a third party
      > application to set refresh rates, when
      > Matrox includes everything you need to do
      > it in the drivers?

What? Please enlighten me! Where do I go to do this? As far as I can tell, the highest refresh rate I can do from the Matrox driver is 85 Hz.

Comment

Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Monitor Settings
        Uncheck the check box that says "use simplified monitor controls"
        Then adjust current or different display mode.
        In here you can fine tune refresh rates 1 Hz at a time.
        This feature has been there for years.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

And this is in Win2K?

I'm at work right now (this PC has WinNT4.) WinNT4 Powerdesk (4.73) doesn't seem to be able to do this...

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 22 February 2001).]

Comment

under NT it's a bit more tricky ... ;

open Matrox disp. props.
            goto monitor tab
            select a Matrox monitor
            (my pref is Standard Vesa 1600x1200@85Hz + 2048x1536)

Now you should be able to customize the monitor's properties.

Cheers,
            Maggi
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
            LG BH10LS38
            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Cool, that worked great in Win2K.

I guess I never tried the correct combo of checkboxes and buttons...

No more Powerstrip...

With my G200 my refresh was gated by the card- 110 Hz. Now it's gated by the monitor- 123 Hz. The G450 is definitely sharper and brighter than the G200. In fact, I had no idea my monitor was this good...! It's almost like getting two upgrades in one.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by LrngToFly (edited 22 February 2001).]

Comment

Working...
              X