Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering G400tv but like G450etv, should i wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering G400tv but like G450etv, should i wait?

I'm considering G400tv but like G450etv, should i wait?

It looks like the g450 has everything except the hardware encoder. But, i have a 900Mhz processor so i don't think it will be much of a problem.

Inside info is certainly appreciated.

Well last I heard was March, I was supposed to be getting a final version after my beta version to review but no sign of it yet.

Comment

march isn't too far away. maybe i will hold off. i don't know if it's worth 180 just to have an mjpeg encoder built in.

Comment

Personally, I'd say that if you have the muscle behind your system (and it seems that you do) that you should hold out, as the eTV looks to be a sweet card. Personally I really think that Matrox dropped the ball on it though, I would have snatched one up in a heartbeat if they had included real dualhead instead of "dualhead TV" or whatever such crap as that is. However, if you don't plan on, or have any dualhead aspirations at all then by all means wait for the eTV.

-Q

Comment

I think Matrox was trying to come out with a product that competed with the ATI all in wonder.

I only plan on using the second display for a TV so I'm not too concerned about it.

I just wish they would come out with an eta fro the 450 etv.

Comment

Working...
          X