It's been a while...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while...

Hey...it's been a hell of a while since I've posted around here, most likely about a year, but I remember Maggie, Kruzin, and Greebe of course.

Anyway, to get to the point, I have not been keeping up on the hardware scene these days, as I've been running an online store. I am building a new system, and I have to have Dualhead on it. I'm thinking that a G450 DH will be the best choice, but does it come in a 64MB version? Does it have DDR memory?

It seems as though Matrox is taking their time releasing the G800, as it was being spoken of the last time I was here...

one more thing..

I remember hearing about some conflicts with the G450 and certain motherboards.

This card would be going on a 1Ghz TB/KT7A-RAID mobo..

Comment

Hello Cole
      I belive the G450 has a max of 32 megs of ram. Giving it 64 would seem like an overkill especially as it has been designed for professional 2d work.
      As for the G800, yes we are still waiting. By time it comes out i'm sure it will seem like an anticlimax.

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

thanks bro.

Comment

Welcome back, Cole !

the g450 is a lousy performer and is targetted at the business/OEM market.

So depending on your purpose, urge and budget, it's up to you to either grab a fairly cheap G450 to enjoy DH, grab a G400 DH or just wait a bit longer ...

I have a G450 32MB DDR DualHead and OCed it 'a bit' ...
          http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/009991.html

this thread should give you an idea about its performance.

Cheers,
          Maggi (without 'e')
          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
          LG BH10LS38
          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

If you plan to drive 2 monitors with the card, I would advise the Matrox G450, if you plan to use a tv on the second head, I advise a Matrox G400 Dualhead

Comment

Working...
            X