Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't TV Output work on the G450 ? The manual is totally inaccurate !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't TV Output work on the G450 ? The manual is totally inaccurate !

What's up with the TV Output on the G450 ? I expected that I would just plug the cable into the second plug and it would just work like it did with my other tv-out cards! No such joy.. The .pdf manual says to go to an option called "Dual Head Options" on the Dual Head display panel in Power Desk/Control Panel... but there IS no such option... Does anyone else know what I am talking about ? Should TV-Out just *work* or do you really have to go and play around with options... and if so... wtf are they ? The manual is very disappointing in this respect... Typical catch22 manual rubbish... One section refers you to another section which refers you back to the first section. Come OOOOON, it can't be that complex !

pawz

------------------
    David Robinson - pawz@iinet.net.au
    Hyperspace Communications - Faster than light
    http://www.hyperspace.com.au

pawz,

gee whiz...did you install the drivers? there really is a "tab" in the display properties called "dual head" if you have properly installed the software that surely came with that card.

on that property sheet there are three modes which the second head can opertate, depending on what tv standard you have in your area you can select ntsc or pal. the mode you want is "dual head clone and dvd max"

welcome to the forums!

cc

Comment

Yep, I installed drivers off the cd, and the latest ones from matrox. I'm using the rca cable on the supplied adaptor on a PAL Tv. I use the same setup on another pc with an asus tnt2 w/ tv-out and it works great. I have seen the DUAL-HEAD "tab"., but it doesn't seem to contain anything relevant to enabling TV-out... and the manual refers to an option called "Dual Head Options" or similar on the Dual Head Tab, but there is no such option on that tab ! Only some grey-ed out options that have no apparent relevance down the bottom (which become active if i select clone mode.. but still don't enable my tv out to work)

pawz

-- reply to: --

gee whiz...did you install the drivers? there really is a "tab" in the display properties called "dual head" if you have properly installed the software that surely came with that card.

on that property sheet there are three modes which the second head can opertate, depending on what tv standard you have in your area you can select ntsc or pal. the mode you want is "dual head clone and dvd max"

welcome to the forums!

cc[/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

ok, here's what you have to do: uninstall your current drivers, go to Matrox' website, and download the latest drivers (PowerDesk)for your operating system. Install these drivers. Then turn off your pc.
        Connect the tv-breakout cable to your secondary output of your g450, hook up the tv to the breakout cable, and then start your computer again.

Go to display properties, settings tab -> advanced, and you should see this tab:

The pc in the image above is configured so that the tv will clone the image of the monitor, and as soon as overlay video is displayed on the desktop, the tv will show only the video, fullscreen.

Comment

Hehehehe. This is the first time I've seen this one . Thanks! You made my day

Rags

Comment

Wow. I don't know what it was I did, but it works now :")
            Once I used DVDMax mode and ran a video, it suddenly worked .. I guess I didn't realise I needed video on-screen.. now it works with an independant TV head as well :") I don't know why I was stumped for so long, but I sure would like to re-write that section of the manual - it's a joke.

Comment

So the Matrox manual should tell you how to change the channel on your TV?

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
              X