Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheres the new MATROX DVD player software????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres the new MATROX DVD player software????

I am looking at the Matrox website for the new matrox software DVD player.

Is this it?

http://shop.matrox.com:80/canada/pro...heet.asp?ID=52

It says for the G200 though???

There was a note that said it was delayed by two weeks, something to do with CD label problems..

Comment

Fair enough. I'm still stuck with an inferior monitor and no 32-36" TV yet either. I can wait.

: )

Comment

Now all they need to do, is fixing the dvdplayback on pal-tv!
        System:
        Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
        AMD Thunderbird 800
        SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
        Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
        LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
        IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
        Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
        WinME
        directx 8.0a
        384mb pc133

Comment

is there a download place for the orginal MatroxDVD player? or possibly a better one? i lost my G400 CD i think i lent it to a friend and he says he brought it back but i don't remember
          no harm, no foul.

Comment

one of those friends
            i think you can order an updated version from matrox, but i dont know if you need the original CD

Comment

damn, alwell, i don't watch alot of DVD's, but would like the software on my comp. so i could if i wanted to
              what other programs could i use that the G400 accelerates?
              no harm, no foul.

Comment

Try PowerDvd 3.0, i dont know if it supports matrox, but the quality is really good on my g400. if you have a fast cpu (400+) it should run smooth nontheless

Comment

When the New Matrox DVD player comes out, you can get it for like $5.00 or so.

Comment

The G4x0 does not accelerate DVD playback in any way.

This has the nice side-effect of us not having to favor one player over another just because of only one of them supports some specific acceleration.

Comment

that powerDVD is pretty, good (almost as good as matrox )
                      shame it's only a 30day trial
                      alwell atleast i can now play DVD's

------------------
                      Slow people as easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
                      no harm, no foul.

Comment

Do the matrox G series video cards like my G400max have some sort of hardware compensation or something. Obviously their hardware does do something significant or there would be not difference playing a DVD with a low-end vid card and the G400 max for instance.

The new Matrox Software DVD player is available now on the matrox site:

http://shop.matrox.com/international...0dvdplayer.asp

[This message has been edited by ccoltas (edited 11 February 2001).]

Comment

everybody,

i ordered my copy yesterday from matrox, it is $9.95. i screwed up and ordered 2 different versions some how and matrox sent me the following e-mail..

-----Original Message-----
                          Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:22 PM
                          To: scorpion@columbus.rr.com
                          Subject: Matrox Order IN-946

Attn: Mr. Charles Hemenway

RE: Matrox DVD Player

Your order, IN-946, is for 2 products:

Item 1. /M-DVDP/CD10I
                          Item 2. /M-DVDP/CD20I

Item # 2 is our new DVD Player, compatible with the Millennium G400 and G450 Graphic Cards. This CD is a full setup CD (not an updater) of the special Matrox edition of Cinemaster2000 and is supported under Windows98, WindowsME, and Windows2000. This CD also includes the 6.21 (win9x/ME) and 5.31 (win2k) display drivers.

You do not need item 1 for the installation of item 2.

Item # 1 is our DVD Player for Matrox G200 product series.

Please advise if you would like me to revise your order or do you require both products?

Regards
                          Joan
                          Matrox Online Store
                          http://shopmatrox.com

special!!! i told her to correct my order. i am using powerDVD with my g400 max now and it works great and i am hopeful that this edition of the cinemaster engine runs better being that it adapted for the g400

cc

Comment

Buying a 32" TV very soon. If I have probs with the original Matox DVD player software I will upgrade it with the new one. If anyone gets it and uses it, let me know how it goes.

Comment

ccoltas,

i got notification from matrox that they have shipped the new version today(2/16/01). i should have it in 8-10 days and plan on testing it on my system.

i'll post back here and let everyone know how it performs under win2k.

cc

Comment

Working...
                              X