Why I Love Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Love Matrox

Well folks, I have now officially joined the ranks of "people with real monitors".

I just inherited (well, the kind of inherited where money changes hands) a Nokia 445xi (21", .22-.24vdp) monitor... and boy am I glad I have a G400.

For the first time, I actually ran the monitor customization thinger in Powerdesk. And boy does it kick ass.

Although I still have to say I'm mixed on the whole "over 85hz" thing. It's nice and crisp, but 110hz makes my eyes hurt for some reason. I might have to drop it back down to 85.

But wherever I leave it, it's got a perfect signal coming out of the video card, because I have a Matrox card.

Woop!

Ok, I'm done spewing now.

- Gurm

P.S. Didn't get a manual with this monitor, and the preset recall doesn't seem to work. Anyone else got one of these (or know where to hunt up the manual)?

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Now you can go a step further and use the hotkeys in powerdesk to switch modes on the fly without having to tinker

Rags

Comment

Congrats !!!

I used to work on a couple of Nokias (mainly 447, 446 & 445)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Nokia has sold its monitor business to ViewSonic</font>
      .. they only have a link to the 445PRO, but I guess that should do it for a start.

Cheers,
      Maggi

PS: Choose one of the VESA monitor profiles, provided by Matrox (1600x1200@75Hz + 1800x1440 was my choice from where I started tweaking)
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I'm using an old MAG D715TX, manufactured in June of 1997 with my G400. My flatmate is running a Gateway special with a TNT2. Let's just say those 5 days using his computer while my motherboard sat in pieces on the patio weren't that happy...for reasons other than the fact that my motherboard was sitting in pieces on the patio.

Can't wait until I'm running a G800 ... or whatever Matrox decides to call it ... on a new MAG 810FD =)

Jammrock

------------------
        Athlon 650
        256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
        87 GB storage from WD & IBM
        Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
        SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
        Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
        Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X