Mobile Matrox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Matrox?

Does Matrox market a chipset for the laptop/notebook market?

Just curious as I have seen a number of video companies in laptops but never recall seeing Matrox.

------------------

PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS
    PDP-11, Dec-writer & ZD-11 Terminal Unit, RSTS-OS

Nope
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

To add to your knowledge, take a look at this amazing stat.

Current Notebook Market situation

It could be a good idea for Matrox to get into this arena.

Looks like ATI owns all oem/notebook solutions... damn

------------------
      I wasn't born, I was created.

[This message has been edited by Zyn (edited 08 February 2001).]
      What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Geforce Go will be out soon.

Also the Mobile Radeon too!
        C:\DOS
        C:\DOS\RUN
        \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I don't know why they didn't. I don't see what's holding them back from releasing a mystique or G200 in mobile form. They'd prolly do well, considering most mobile solutions don't have a need for 3D capability.
          P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DosFreak:
            Geforce Go will be out soon.

Also the Mobile Radeon too!
            </font>
            But it seems the OEMs are not too happy with the GeForce2Go chip (AFAIK NVidia hasn't got any other than Toshiba currently), less because of it's power consumption but more because of it's huge size and the not-included RAM, which will again take even more of the low space on those notebook mobos.

ATIs chip with it's included RAM has a hgue advantage here. But then NVidia is said to update the Geforce2Go soon, eliminating some of those disadvantages....
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

I would like to see Matrox release a mobile graphics chip as well. I think it is the logical next move for the company since the mobile industry is going to grow more and more in the next couple years. I personally believe that the mobile industry will take over the desktop industry in 2-3 years and be the predominant platform.

Another benefit that Matrox could offer to the industry is its 2D quality. While maybe not as necessary on a small LCD screen, more and more people pipe their mobile graphics out to CRTs when in the office to reap the benefits of the larger and higher quality screen.

Equally DualHead would be nice on a laptop, so that I could watch my battery drain as I do some work while watching a DVD on my TV.

b
              Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
              X