Frame Serving - The Ability to Make 1 MPG from Multiple AVIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Serving - The Ability to Make 1 MPG from Multiple AVIs

Recently in a different post there was mention about something called Frame Serving which is an option in VirtualDub. Supposdly this option can let you make 1 MPEG from Multiple AVI's in any Encoding Program. The VirtualDub help file doesnt seem to be helping me at all so if anyone knows how to do this i would like to know Step-by-Step. Like how to make 1 MPEG from Multiple AVI files using the Panasonic Encoder.

I can't get it working either- and I'm a software engineer... I tried both avifile and VCM methods. I modified the system.ini as described in VirtualDub's help file, but still I get messages like "video compressor not found"...The correct DLL is definitely in \windows\system, so what's wrong?
    Still I wouldn't give VirtualDub up for anything in the world...
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Phire: I can't help you with that strategy, specifically, but here is what works GREAT for me.

Transcode, individually, your .AVI files into MPEG. Then go out and find:

Camel's MPEG Joiner

:to splice these MPEG files into one single MPEG file, with no visible (well, at least not humanly detectable) seams.

Just make sure you used the same bitrates on all the MPEGs you wish to join, since the bitrate settings of the first file in the join will be what get used for all others that are concatenated with it.

Most search engines will turn up somewhere to download it within a few hits. I believe its shareware.
      - --- -- --- - - -- - ----- - ---
      P3-600
      128MB
      G400-TV
      (everything else is incidental)

Comment

Working...
      X