Driver help needed for a G 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver help needed for a G 200

I am trying to intall a card that doesn't have the drivers with it. I think it is a G 200 of some sort, says G2+/SDA/8BF/20 on a white sticker on the card. I have tried installing a couple different drivers from the matrox site, but they all fail to work after the windows 98 screen comes up.

running win98,
    amd 350 mhz

I'm not that great with this kind of stuff and any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sounds like a G200 (G2+ is a give away).

You should be able to just download the latest drivers for your OS, and run the setup.

If its not working, it sounds like you might have some drivers from an older video card installed.

Download the PD_Un file, and uninstall any drivers you might have, then try again.

Good luck

Ali

Edit:

I just noticed you have an AMD CPU, download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard. If its a VIa based board, use the 4.28a 4 in 1 package.

Ali

[This message has been edited by Ali (edited 05 February 2001).]

Comment

it is a via based board. what is the 4.28a 4 in 1 package?

Comment

Since your motherboard uses a VIA chipset, it requires its own special drivers to run the AGP (and other components as well) properly.

Here is a step-by-step that has worked well for me:

Download the new G200 drivers, download the 4in1 driver pack from Via, download the uninstall utility from Matrox, run the uninstall utility, reboot switch to standard Vga adapter and reboot, install the 4in1 driver pack in normal mode reboot and go into your bios and disable "read around write" save settings and exit, boot into windows and run the setup for the Matrox driver package, reboot and you should be ready to go.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 05 February 2001).]

Comment

Rags,

thank you very much. that worked perfectly. i've been messing with that thing nonstop for 2 days.

Clay.

Comment

Not a problem, if you have any more questions, this is the place to be

Rags

Comment

Rags, hes running win98, not win2K.

Looks like he got it running abyway though

Welcome aboard

Ali

Comment

Yes, I realize that, and I got the incorrect drivers linked I see ooops, I shall fix it in a bit

Rags

Comment

Working...
                X