RRICMEXT.DLL bug temporary workaround

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRICMEXT.DLL bug temporary workaround

Don't get your hopes up too high. What I'm about to propose is not a quick/cheap fix, but instead an unexpected bonus to some changes I made to my system -- previously my system suffered from the bug, and now it doesn't.

I have a Matrox Marvel G-400-TV, PII 350Mhz, Gigabyte 6BXE, 250MByte Ram, two 13Gbyte IDE drives and pioneer DVDRom.

For 2 months I attempted to get uncorrupted video -- I swapped power supplies, RAM, motherboard, inserted a huge fan....etc etc...nothing worked.

Then last week I added a Segate 4.3Gbyte Wide SCSI drive with Tekram DC-390F controller card for another purpose.

I've discovered now that I can capture to this new drive consistently without any corrupted frames.... and have been doing this all week.

I have no idea why this works....any ideas?

are you not dropping a single frame? it seems to me the error only occurs with a dropped frame.. if you have a really nice fast hdd, you won't drop a frame most likely..

?
    I dunno. in either case, that's Way too expensive.

Comment

Yes, I'm still getting dropped frames (about as many as before....20-40 for 30mins). But no corrupted frames.

However, I agree, it is an expensive solution! Possibly, the improvement has to do with the fact that I'm writing to a smaller drive (4Gbyte, as opposed to 13Gbyte). I might try partitioning the 13Gbyte drives into small chunks.

Finally, I noticed that I get almost no dropped frames if I format the capture drive (quick format) just before capturing.

Comment

Working...
      X