No announcement yet.

DVD Dual head. Whats a good 32" TV ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Dual head. Whats a good 32" TV ???

I have been looking at TV's with 700-800 lines of resolution, with S-video and component RGB inputs and things like that. I have looked at the JVC D series without PIP.

What TV's are you folks using for DVD. It doesn't have to necessarily be what you're using with the Matrox DVD dual head, it can be what you have in your home-theatre DVD system. Just checking to see what people are using. I have noticed the price of TV's varies quite a bit and want a good one without paying for stuff I don't need. I mainly want image quality. I'm not too keen on SONY myself.

personally i would suggest a panasonic gaoo
    since you aint keen on sony, i have a sony vega and the flat screen is amazing so is the black level(truly deep evil black hole type black) havent seen the new zenieths or jvc but 32" is where component inputs start to make a difference, anything below and you'll be hard pressed to see the difference

------------------
    MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
    256Ram G400DH32mb
    Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
    DFI NFIIUltra 400
    756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
    Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
    Windows XP pro
    msn messenger id: gchisel
    Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

There is a new TV by Panasonic called the TAU, it's made to compete with the Wega, it even looks the same, but the picture quality is far superior.
      I watched a DVD on it at a store and couldn't believe my eyes.

You might wanta check it out.

http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/shop/product.asp?sku=CT-32HX40&CategoryID=315http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/tv/tau.htm#tube[/url]

Regards,
      Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 29 January 2001).]

Comment

Well, I'm pretty happy with my Sony 16:9 28" DolbySurround TV ...
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

i agree with ellie the tau is superior but it also costs superior bucks
          not sure what your budget is but get the tau if it is in your price range

------------------
          MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
          256Ram G400DH32mb
          Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
          DFI NFIIUltra 400
          756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
          Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
          Windows XP pro
          msn messenger id: gchisel
          Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Hi ccoltas

I'm very pleased with the Philips Matchline 28PW9616/12 with Dolby Digital. It has better quality than the Sony Vega and less distorted eges, you will notice it when you ask the man in the TV-shop to set them next to each other and play a DVD movie.

I got the version with remote behind speakers, and use the SBLive SPdif out to connect to the SPdif in of the TV. That way you get the exact soundlevel you want, you don't have to adjust the soundlevel if you switch from a normal TV-program to DVD.

I have to add that this Philips type most likely only is sold in Europe.

I must add that personal taste has a lot to do with your choice, so buy something you personally stand behind, a TV is not something you buy every year, like a video card, too bad that Matrox doesn't tempt us with news of things to come, but I'm patient
            Peter Aragon
            Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

What is the output capability of the G400 max as far as DVD is concerned?

What are the highest resolutions of normal TV's and what are the resolutions for HDTV?

My budget? I haven't decided what my budget is.

Comment

PAL is 576 lines and NTSC 480. There is no difference between normal television and widescreen... only HDTV has higher resolutions as far as I know.

Comment

HDTV standards include resolutions up to 1080p but it may be years (if ever) before we see transmissions at those rates. Typical transmissions are at 720p and 1080i.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

What do the p and i in 720p and 1080i stand for? Is it progressive and interlaced? What is the difference between them?

Comment

Yep, p stands for progressive and i stands for interlaced. 1080p has twice as many lines as 1080i and they are scanned progressively versus interlaced which draws every other line than goes back and fills in the lines in between. Progressive formats are better for fast action, like sports. Interlaced formats are better for film transfers.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                      X