Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G450: White ghost after black pixels. Have you seen it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450: White ghost after black pixels. Have you seen it?

Hello!

I just bought a G450 16MB to run my new LaCie 19blue2 monitor (seems to be same as the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 920).

The G450 is giving sort of a white ghost at the next pixel after a black one. It's like a bounce to whiter than white, because it shows
    even against a white background.

I also have a G200 that shows almost none of that effect. Only that the G200 can't run 1200x1600 art higher than 60MHz.

To let other people see it a prepared a simulation of what I see on the screen and placed it at
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep.../g450swing.tif

I think it's just poor quality in rhe video signal. And hope it only a foult of the unit I have.

The people at Matrox is giving me a hard time acknowledging the problem at their forum
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/003580.html

Has any of you seen something like that and /or have any idea what it could be?

Thanks,

Rick Trelles

It doesn't look like they are giving a hard time, it looks like what they are suggesting is a pretty kosher idea. Maybe you should just follow their advice, if not only just to humor them.

The screenshot would be a good idea. If you take a screenshot of what you see, and open it up in ms paint, and the problem is gone, then the problem, I would think, is elsewhere. I understand how screenshots work, and what signal output is, so you don't need to school me like you did with the tech support guys.

Rags

Comment

>
      The screenshot would be a good idea. If you take a screenshot of what you see, and open it up in ms paint, and the problem is gone, then the problem, I would think, is lsewhere. I understand how screenshots work, and what signal output is, so you don't need to school me like you did with the tech support guys.
      <

Yes, when I see the screenshot in another program, the same information is sent to the card and I see the same thing.

I don't intend to school anybody. But if I think somebody is wrong, I see no other way to check if he/she is than by at least to tell them.

Regards,

Rick Trelles

Comment

Then humor the guys and send them the screenshot to see if they get the same effect.

Rags

Comment

>
          Then humor the guys and send them the screenshot to see if they get the same effect.
          <

They can't. Unless they have my G450 or another card that behaves the same.

The moment I replace my G450 in my system I stop getting it.

Rick Trelles

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

Rick, try reading Rags post again.

Ali

Comment

Working...
              X