Athlon 1,2ghz & G400 Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon 1,2ghz & G400 Max

I update my pc from a PII-450 to a brand new Athlon 1,2ghz & Abit KT7a...
    and i get terrible graphics performance..very bad ! why ?
    I use the latest Matrox drivers, the latest Via drivers... help me please

Which Matrox and Via drivers are you using? Which games do you claim are having bad performance in? Do you know the performance numbers in those games?

In case u didn't notice, you didn't supply enough information.
    P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

Yes sorry, it was late and i was tired.
      So the via drivers is 4.28, the G400 drivers is 5.33, my OS is Windows 2000 + SP1, the bad performances can be see for every graphics applications, for example in the directX 8 sdk, i start the bump earth demo and i get 140 fps max, with my PII-450 i got 213 fps !
      Other example: when i minize a window i can see the background repainted (fast ok but i can see it)
      Thanks for your help

Comment

Are you upgrading from a *Abit* KA/KT-133 motherboard? The reason I'm asking is that Softmenu III has a bunch of arcane BIOS settings that can have a sizable effect on graphics performance. Abit defaults to the least aggressive memory timings, and the new controls are not very intuitive.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

My guide at Pace's page have some BIOS tweaks you might want to check out! Follow the link in my signature!

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

All extremists should be taken out and shot.
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hi Olivier

C´mon let´s get a bit constructive here.

Would you care to join this thread here http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010154.html about win2k K7 users and 5.3x drivers disabling AGP? Or even my thread on Matrox forum http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/002450.html about the same subject

Comment

You aren't comparing your scores to 9x are ya? I've never run the DX8 SDK on Windows 2000 on a G400 before. I don't even think the Matrox G400 Windows 2000 drivers are DX8 certified. But anyways 140fps to 213fps is a major increase in speed. There is more to FPS than the video card/processor.
              C:\DOS
              C:\DOS\RUN
              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I've uninstalled the driver v5.33 and reinstall the old v5.20 and now i get good graphical performances ! Grrrrrr, why ?
                I see in dxdiag that the agp texture has been enabled, using the new v5.33 this feature is disabled !
                By the way my bump earth demo doesn't work now... i don't know why...
                Matrox i hate you !

Comment

Working...
                X