Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 & MTSTU 4.00.14: Strange behaviour in WinME

Hi all,

This is something I've been experiencing using MTSTU4.00.14 and WinME.

I had OC'ed my G400 to 115% with MTSTU4.00.11, and it was locked at that position. I couldn't get back to 100%. Apparently I even OC'ed to 131%, and checking with MGATweak gave me numbers I didn't think possible with my G400 (vanilla 32Mb DH OEM).

So I thought I unlocked it with MTSTU 4.00.14, but I still had some strange crashes. Windows starting up with a desktop that either had vertical blue bars, or a desktop that showed no icons.

So I checked with MTSTU4.00.14 again, only to find that it was still OC'ing at 131% (at minimum).

I did another go at 100%, rebooted and checked with MGATweak. I'm now running at normal speed and have not seen any strange things since.

I would urge Haig and MTS to check their program again! One day you'll get it right

Btw, Haig, why not test a program for the G200 and G4x0 cards seperately? Before merging them?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 28 January 2001).]
    Jordâ„¢

you can't really compare the values of the 4.11 and 4.14 releases, because the 4.11 release used other clock deviders...

when you upgraded to 4.14... did you delete the permclk.exe file somewher in your windows dir? You should do that first!

Comment

Btw, Haig, why not test a program for the G200 and G4x0 cards seperately?

That is what we are doing. It isn't the same O/C'er for both cards.

PS: Until we get it right, feel free to use any other O/C'ing utility

Haig

Comment

Working...
      X