New drivers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers!!

for most of the Matrox line of cards for all major MS OSes!!!

I was about the post the same thing!! But IE crashed

<A HREF="http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/w9x_623.cfm">6.23</A>for Win9x
    <A HREF="http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/files/w2k_533.cfm">5.33</A>for Win2k

Comment

Hmm, but according to Matrox FTP server, they've been there since Jan 17, 2001!

Comment

I didn't even bother with the last Win9x drivers after all the bad mouthing you folks gave them. I'm happy with the 5.52 drivers as they give me the best Q3A performance. I'll wait to see what you all have to say before I bother trying them.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Typical, I just downloaded the 6.21 drivers last night, because Im changing my motherboard back to a abit Bx6R2 from the piece of shit Asus P3V4X that I put in a couple of weeks ago.

Have to download again. (sigh)

Ali

Comment

Abit BX6 r.2? Why did you ever upgrade?

It's the best motherboard I've ever had... 2 years old, and still doing everything I want (overclocking a Copppermine 700 @ 933 ).

well... I guess these drivers (PD5.33) only contain a new feature and some small fixes, cause I didn't find any bugfixes of the ones I've listed on my website... (I have tested all except for Q3A output in clone mode and OpenGL block transfer v-sync method with keep optimal refresh enabled, and the other is the 32-bit textures shown as 16-bit when not in OpenGL accuracy mode in Baldurs Gate 2 and others)

Comment

Well, I tried the new win2k driver on whistler 2416 but it didn't work...

Whistler 2410 and newer have native drivers with correct working Dualhead!!! by the way, but they do not work correctly with tv-output.

Nice to see Microsoft supporting true dualhead for single-chip boards

------------------
              Peter Aragon
              Matrox G200, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 400, Asus P2B 1013, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 40 40GB, 128Mb, SBLive Full,
              Hauppauge TV-card, HP8100i burner, Pioneer 10x DVD.

Peter Aragon
              Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Anybody knows what the latest win2k drivers fixed ?

Comment

dZeus, I 'Upgraded' because I wanted the 1/2 divider for the AGP.

I run my P3 750 Slot1 at 1Gig, and every 10 to 20 cold boots the BIOS on the G400 dies, and I have to stick in an old ISA vid card, and do a recover.

I thought sticking the P3V4X would solve that problem, but the computer wont even post at 1 gig, and isnt stable at anything over 900ish even at 1.9Volts!

On the BX6R2.02 I run everything at 1Gig 1.75 volts except 3Dmark 2000 which needs 1.85volts to be stable.

I wanted an abit SH6, but couldnt get one locally, so the only other choice was the asus.

If anybody knows of a slot 1 mobo that uses the i815 chipset other than the SH6, then let me know.

Ali

Comment

I posted a question about what's new and fixed in the latest driver: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/001285.html

Anyone notice anything with this driver from the last one?
                    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

Eager to test the new drivers with dvdmax I downloaded and installed them. Unfortunately the framedrops were still there and the "solution"? in the readme file was not very acceptable:

DualHead DVDMax with a TV
                      While viewing video with a TV using the "DualHead DVDMax" feature, you may notice occasionnal jerky video playback (dropped frames) after playing a video for a few minutes. If you view video playback with your computer monitor, this problem shouldn't occur.

At least they have acknowledged the problem, I would have appreciated it though, if they said they were working on the problem, its not acceptable to say "dont use dualhead for watching dvds on your tv, use your monitor instead!"

This problem has been there for the past several releases - I guess its back to pd5.52.

Jesper
                      System:
                      Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
                      AMD Thunderbird 800
                      SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
                      Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
                      LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
                      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
                      Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
                      WinME
                      directx 8.0a
                      384mb pc133

Comment

sorry guys,

but the only good drivers for NT4 are 4.51, the other doesn't works well with openGL game. for example : all game (I play) with a quake or unreal 3D engine (FAAK2, DS9, ...)

I think this is coming from the new opengl extension.

I Go back to 4.51

Comment

What do the new drivers for Windows ME specifically do?

Comment

Just...finished...downloading...to...a...zip...dis k.
                            Will...test...later...when...I...get...home.
                            May...still...have...G450LE...to...test...on...as. ..well.
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

only difference i see is that the card-giving in spider solitaire isnt as good as it was with the old drivers (starts really slow, and the it just puts the cards there as if it wants to make up for the slow beginning), otherwise i see no difference

Comment

Working...
                              X