Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

okay, I'm freaked -- RRIcm refuses to work (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay, I'm freaked -- RRIcm refuses to work (I think)

Just last Saturday, in the middle of editing, the video filters quit. Just up and walked off, and refused to work for me anymore. Now, every time I try to use a filter, it gives me a blank screen.

The particular file I'm using for tests is an image file, rendered immediately before an MJPEG vid file.

When my preview options are set to MJPEG, the picture file renders and the video doesn't. Adding a video filter to the pic changes it to pure black when rendered.

When I set my preview options to Indeo or something else, the pic file gets rendered, and works when the video filter is added, BUT when the rendering reaches the video file, it renders blank. One time it reported something on the order of "This file is unreadable." (???!!!?!?)

I feel almost certain RRIcm.dll or something related is to blame, but I have no idea how to go about fixing it. What do the experts at MURC believe?

Hi there,

are you able to import the picture into a new project and render it to a video, using a filter? If so, you might want to create a new project and import your current project into this new project. This sometimes workes for strange problems you might experience.

An other option is to remove the video tools and MSP and then reinstall MSP and then the videotools. This as well might remove strange things you experince.

Good luck,

Marijn

Comment

It looks like that was the problem, Marijn. I keep forgetting that regardless of MSP's virtues, its fatal flaws still rear their ugly heads-- far too often-- simply because of poor design, poor testing, and poor support. It'd be a pleasant surprise to find a company that cares enough about its reputation to build a reliable product. As of now, MediaStudio may accidently severely wound a project, though make it appear to be perfectly usable simply because it doesn't give an appropriate warning or error upon loading it. It trades traditional, robust loading & checking algorithms for crashing in the middle of an operation without warning.

[This message has been edited by fluggo99 (edited 29 January 2000).]

Comment

Well, it wasn't the project file, and doggone it, it took me a long time to get my capture drivers re-installed.

Load Video Editor, load up project, everything looks fine... Create Video... WHAT??!? "UNABLE TO COMPRESS VIDEO"??!?!?

Feeling extremely desperate, I deleted the Ulead32.ini file in the Windows directory (you know, that one that holds all the settings for the entire suite?), and viola! A few tweaked settings later, everything worked again. Just let you know I got it fixed.

And I still have no idea why it happened.

P.S. Just for the record, the effect I was originally trying to accomplish-- a Motion Blur effect during a Whirlpool transition between two image files-- still doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by fluggo99 (edited 29 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X