• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 PCI from Compaq

http://www5.compaq.com/products/quic.../10713_na.HTML

(Availability?)

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 18 January 2001).]

I've been waiting for the pci version for way too long.

But my questions are:

1. will the pci support dual-head if the card is not the primary video card (another card in the agp slot is primary) under Win98?

2. will this card coexist happily with another Matrox card in the agp?

I have a G400 Marvel and have a SiS6326 pci to support a second monitor. And the SiS totally sucks. I was told to hold off on getting an expensive G200 pci and wait for the G450 so here I am.

So if anyone can answer the questions above, please let me know.

Comment

1... yes
      2... yes

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

JOY!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can you get one of these yet? I need one bad for my work computer. A TNT2 and a 21" monitor do not mix.

jImbeam

Comment

Sweet. More PCI cards are always good.
            C:\DOS
            C:\DOS\RUN
            \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Not in Compaq's inventory yet. G450 AGP is.

Comment

Yea I saw that, but I was hoping someone had a URL that I could not find.

jImbEam

Comment

Let's see... I have five PCI slots, plus an AGP slot that already has a G450.</p>

Can you say dodecahead? </p>

Comment

You will be able to buy it (eventually) from Compaq.

Comment

Hmmmm....lesseee....

A PCI G450 would mean you could plug one into one of those new Asus CUR-DLS dual CPU PCI-33/PCI-66 server boards (it has a built-in "AGP" display).

Add some DV or high quality analog hardware and you have one of the fastest PIII systems around.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

blue_helix,</p>

If people <em>really</em> want 4+ heads, that's been possible since the 80s with X (the Unix windowing system). The client/server design of X allows "client" programs to send graphical display information to any number of "X servers" over a network. That capability has usually been used to support multiple users though (where all of the "clients" run on the big iron and it displays on the semi-dumb "X servers" where the users sit (the client/server paradigm is turned on its head)) rather than multiple displays per user, although the latter has been done.</p>

If you want to know more post a query to the "alternative lifestyles" forum. (It's possible to do this with Linux and XFree86.) (It may (or may not) also be possible to do it with WinNT Terminal Server.)</p>

[This message has been edited by swr (edited 23 January 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                        X