can't enable new clock speeds with new matrox util

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't enable new clock speeds with new matrox util

only a little problem-i unistalled powerstrip to test the new matrox util but when i try to oc i can't enable the new clock rates. check my sig for my comp profile.

cheers
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp
    40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

sig:

------------------
    -------------------------
    athlon classic 666
    asus k7m @111fsb
    128mb pc100 cas 222
    g400max @ 165/220
    win98se
    pdesk 6.21
    Dell Inspiron 8200
    Pentium4m 1.6
    640mb pc2100
    64mb gf440go
    15" uxga ultrasharp

Comment

If you use the "temporary" o/c settings, they take effect immidiately, and go away as soon as you reboot.
      If you use the "Permanent" settings, you must reboot before those new settings go into effect.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

the thing is i have no temporary or permanent buttons to click, there is only a cleared test now button and a card default button . this is not a huge problem but i here you get better results with the util 4.11 than with powerstrip so i thought i would give it a go.

------------------
        -------------------------
        athlon classic 666
        asus k7m @111fsb
        128mb pc100 cas 222
        g400max @ 165/220
        win98se
        pdesk 6.21
        Dell Inspiron 8200
        Pentium4m 1.6
        640mb pc2100
        64mb gf440go
        15" uxga ultrasharp

Comment

Your windows install is fuxored up to cause this problem
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

so let me guess a reinstall is what i need or perhaps winme?
            Dell Inspiron 8200
            Pentium4m 1.6
            640mb pc2100
            64mb gf440go
            15" uxga ultrasharp

Comment

The choice of OS's is your own, but regardless whether it be a clean install or another OS, that is what's needed.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

ok cheers thanks very much for the help

roadie
                Dell Inspiron 8200
                Pentium4m 1.6
                640mb pc2100
                64mb gf440go
                15" uxga ultrasharp

Comment

Help!

i downloaded the newest driver and the newest (updated) tweak util 4.11 but i cant overclock, i can slide the overclock slider, but i can neither temporarly nor permanently apply those settings.

i tried everything from installing new drivers to reinstalling windows me, but it doesnt work.

does the tweak util have to be in a certain folder or something?

Comment

I did that, but it didnt help, does it mean i have to reinst windows till it works???

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">does the tweak util have to be in a certain folder or something?</font>
                      Nope... it can be run from anywhere

A simple reinstall over the top won't solve this... you must install clean.. ie wipe out windows and start over from scratch.

Comment

thats what i did, formatted hard disk and reinstalled. sorry if i keep the thread alive with always the same question.

reinstalling isnt as bad as it was in the olden days with win95, but it still eats a lot of time, especiall reinstalling all the other applications, and im not sure i want to do it till i can overclocking works.

isnt it possible that the problem is somewhere else?

Athlon 750 (slot)
                        128 Ram
                        asus k7m mainboard
                        g400 max
                        sound blaster live platinum 5.1
                        windows me (german version, maybe thats the problem???)

Comment

<?>

Have you flashed your matrox card's BIOS lately (to newest version)? Updated chipset drivers? mobo BIOS?

Just some thoughts.

------------------
                          Abit BH6 r1.01
                          Celeron2-566 o/c to 850MHz+Slotket!!! 1.8v
                          256 Megs PC-133 Cas3
                          Matrox G400 SH OEM (not oc'd) rev=03h
                          Diamond Monster Sound MX400
                          ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Two things...when you select your desired clock speed, you have to click the test button before it will let you apply the changes temporarly or permently (these tabs come after!)

And the other thing, i had a quick glipse at your setup and saw that your C566@850 at 1.8v, it's a bit high, mine's at 1.65v @ 850???

Comment

Yah, 1.8v is high. I've only got a standard coolermaster hs/fan, and no thermal paste.
                              For the most part its OK, but I've had some instability problems with some java games and midtown madness. Average temp on the CPU is about 42celcius.

I guess I'm too lazy
                              But really, no shops are nearby for paste)

I should try lowering the voltage... its been like this for 6months...

------------------
                              Abit BH6 r1.01
                              Celeron2-566 o/c to 850MHz+Slotket!!! 1.8v
                              256 Megs PC-133 Cas3
                              Matrox G400 SH OEM (not oc'd) rev=03h
                              Diamond Monster Sound MX400
                              ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Working...
                              X