Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 X 4 pixels. Need help.

Hi,

Well, I just bought a microtek scanmaker X6EL. I scans up to 600 X 1200 dpi, 9600X9600 interpolated. I scanned in some images and put them in premiere to render out as avi file for a slide show. Then put it in Xingtech's encoder to make it into an mpeg but for some reason, xingtech won't let me. It says it needs a 4X4 pixel valid file. How can I adjust my scanner so it scans at a 4X4 pixel range? I'm assuming that my scanner is doing something like 4X8. Thanks in advance.

I don't have any experience with Xingtech's encoder, but it sounds to me like it just doesn't recognize a parameter in the file. Guessing from what you said, it sounds like you're making a high-definition video. Are the dimensions too big for it, maybe?

(The reason I think this is because the only logical 4x4 limitation I could ever think of would be the minimum size of the picture, and that Xingtech is just getting confused between big and small.)

Comment

Yep, most x-coders are damned fussy. I'd aim to capture/crop/resize at 640*480 and try that.

Many encoders won't even take PAL sizes as legitimate, let alone the resolutions you are describing.

Comment

Working...
      X