Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wake up.

Hi all,

I have a G400MAX with an Abit KT7RAID. KT 133 chip set. When I leave my system for a while come back and can't seem to wake it. I had the G400MAX and then went to a GEFORCE256DDR but I really missed the quality of the G400MAX. BTW I'm using the latest bios 1.9-33 and 6.21 driver and DX8. I have the AGP apeture set to 256. Any Ideas?

What OS are you running? Suspend/hibernate settings in OS/BIOS?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Win ME and everything in power management right now is set to never. The only thing I have going is the screen saver. the bios is all et to whatever the default values are.

Comment

What screen saver are you using? Is it built into WinME? Is it an OpenGL screen saver? Try setting the screen saver to "blank screen" and see if it still hangs.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yes, it is built into ME and it is an OpenGL screen saver.

Comment

Do you have problems running other OpenGL apps? Tried Quake III Arena? Again, try switching to "blank screen" and see if that solves it. Post your interrupt usage (see FAQ on posting IRQs). You may have a resource conflict that is causing the hangs.

See I want to show you my IRQs !!

[This message has been edited by xortam (edited 19 January 2001).]

Comment

Will have to try QuakeIII again.

IRQ 0 System timer OK
              IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard OK
              IRQ 2 Programmable interrupt controller OK
              IRQ 3 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus OK
              IRQ 5 VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller OK
              IRQ 5 VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller OK
              IRQ 5 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
              IRQ 6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller OK
              IRQ 7 ECP Printer Port (LPT1) OK
              IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
              IRQ 10 Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead MAX - English OK
              IRQ 10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
              IRQ 11 HPT370 UDMA/ATA100 RAID Controller OK
              IRQ 11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
              IRQ 12 Studio DC10plus, Motion JPEG Capture/CODEC Board OK
              IRQ 12 Creative SB Live! Value OK
              IRQ 12 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering OK
              IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
              IRQ 14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller OK
              IRQ 14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo) OK
              IRQ 15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller OK
              IRQ 15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo) OK

Comment

try to use a non Open GL screen saver and see if that helps.
                GigaByte 6BXC, celeron300A@450, 128 Ram, G200 8M SD

Comment

All set and thanks for the help. I,m using the MGAdpms screensaver that comes with MGA Tweak and all seem's well. Thanks again.

Comment

Win98SE and MS Plus had some OGL screensavers that caused problems too. If I remember correctly, it was documented on Matrox FAQ site or their forum.

I still have SCSI hard drives, and ACPI of course does not shut them down. With my KT7, I could go into S1 POS, but it would not wake up from S3 STR. Adaptec EZ SCSI could shut the SCSI drives down, but as soon as it went into any suspend state they would power back up again.

Now that I got the KT7A RAID board going, I will retire the SCSI hard drives and see if ACPI will work for me.

My SB Live resides in PCI slot 1 sharing with my MAX, too risky to keep it in slot 5 with the Highpoint Controller. This is the third MB upgrade I could share IRQ's with the MAX with no trouble or change in peprformance.

------------------
                    ABIT KT7A, RAID 0 * 900MHz Athlon T'bird * 256MB Crucial 7E PC/133 RAM * Two 30GB IBM 75GXP * Two Cheetah LVD's * Barracuda UW * DiamondMAX IDE * Plextor Ultraplex 40max/Plexwriter 12/4/32 * Hitachi IDE DVD * 2940U2W * SB Live * 3Com 905B-TX NIC * 3Com Courier V. Ext. * Hollywood + * Win 98SE, Win 2000 *

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 20 January 2001).]
                    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                    Matrox P
                    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                    LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
                    X