Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/V Sync Problems

I own now a G400 Marvel,

Recordings of around 5-10 minutes don't have an A/V sync problem, longer recorded avi's have an A/V sync problem.....

could it be the mpeg-1 encoders?

I tries xing, Ligos and others, but the problem still continues..... so i must guess its the marvel itself...

Configuration:

Asus P2BSL - PIII450 128 Mb
    Soundblaster 64PCI
    G400 Marvel
    SCSI HD Quantum

Could anyone help me?

What is the sync like immediately after capture ?

Comment

If I record for 5 min and then lsx encode it: the audio and video are perfectly synced......

I just made a new test and played a 20 min recorded avi, that one seems to be fine too......... encode it.... and voila.... audio and video out of sync.....so it it probably the mpeg-encoder itself which is giving problems (ive tries most encoders and all give the same results, even on different pc's)

Comment

I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is a mathematical bug in the algorithms used. A fix is to capture with small files (~256MB) with something like Avi_io (instead of the RR front end), and use a MPEG encoder plugin with Premier or MediaStudio to export, as a single MPEG, the concatenation of the small captured files.

Comment

Please check the FAQ's on http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/...atrox.htm#Mat4 for info on how to prvent the dredded audio lag.

Regrds,
          Elie

Comment

Elie,
            Do you know if Premiere or any other app has this "convert" option to fix the sync problems?

Thanks,
            John

Comment

I only know of Ulead that has this capability so far, I'll investigate further and I'll let you know.

Regards,
              Elie

Comment

Zathur,

Chances are, you are using WDM drivers for your sound card. If you check the readme that accompanies the videotools, it describes you type of problem and recommends installing the drivers that came with your sound card (hopefully not WDM drivers). This problem happens at record time, not at playback time, so the files you already captured will remain bad.

Comment

Working...
                X