Shimmering Sony Trinitron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimmering Sony Trinitron

Just an odd one. I just recently bought a 2nd hand Sony Multiscan 17sf ii at a computer fair and was running it off one of my G400's. The quality was good but I noticed that there was some slight ghosting of images and other bizare stuff going on on screen. However when I connected the monitor to a pc running a Banshee card the problems dissappeared. I know the 17sf 2 isnt state of the art but has anyone else similar problems .

MD

------------------
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Two thoughts:
    1) Refresh rate?
    2) Are the two computers in the same phyical place? You may have just had the monitor in a bad spot for EM. We have some of those monitors in our lab, and they're not as environmentally tolerant as other Sony's.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hello Wombat
      Thanks for the reply

Just found that after a certain while the Banshee does the same thing. I think it occurs earlier on the G400 because it can push the monitor harder.

Methinks the monitor has to go back.

regards Michael
      Interests include:

Comment

Working...
      X