Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dualhead zoom doesn't work inwin2k(G400 mill.max)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dualhead zoom doesn't work inwin2k(G400 mill.max)

I've just upgrade to window$ 2000 and the dualhead clone and multi modes work fine but when I enable zoom I get the box drawing tool ok but the video monitor goes black and stays that way til I disable zoom
    I'm using Version5.31 drivers from the matrox website, I've upgraded the matrox bios and have tried the latest directx(8.0)the zoom feature is integral to my performance and is the reason I bought the G400 in the first place.
    somebody pleeeease help

What are you trying to zoom?

Rags

Comment

I don't think you can do that, I will find out though.

The reason is you can't zoom any 3D accelerated window (AFAIK), or an overlay window. If you want to use an editor while showing another window in win2k, you can just use multi desktop and move your editor to one screen, and the visual to the other.

Rags

Comment

Ive been doing it in 98 for about a year now,
        the second(zoomed output goes to my vision mixer, gets mixed in and then goes to a projector, Ive tried the multi route but cannot evade the border around avs showing, also slows right down when that big, also some of the other vis's(psychosis)cannot be stretched
        wellREDman
        <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
        I don't think you can do that, I will find out though.

The reason is you can't zoom any 3D accelerated window (AFAIK), or an overlay window. If you want to use an editor while showing another window in win2k, you can just use multi desktop and move your editor to one screen, and the visual to the other.

Rags

</font>

Comment

*sigh*

First off you were refering to Win2K only, which I don't think that's possible either and it's a limitation of the OS (blame M$!)

Win98 doesn't have these limitations.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

sorry i misunderstood,
            do you think M$ or matrox will be able to get it sorted eventually or will I have to go back to lugging 2 computers to every gig?

Comment

Unless Matrox can find some backdoor around this problem in Win2k sure, don't count on it tho. M$ promised a fix to this in Win2K SP1... that didn't happen, then in SP2... don't count that happening either, matter of fact don't even count on that happening in any SP build now that they plan to incorporate multichip graphic support feature into Whistler.

Sad, but most likely true
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

do you think thst the zoom will work in NT4?
                my perception will work in that but my choice of vis's will be limited

Comment

various winamp visualisations which I use in my show, (AVS,psychosis,whitecap,g-force,eonic)I particularly need to run avs zoomed so I can use the editor as I make a lot of real-time changes. also, the reason I went win2k was so I could use my perception card to output a second video stream at the same time (was originally in a second machine but am trying to cut down the amount of gear I lug around)so If Im runing a vis full screen and I want to change the clip on the perception I will lose 2 channels while I do so (not good live)

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
                  What are you trying to zoom?

Rags

</font>

Comment

Working...
                  X