Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProMax DH-MAX

Here is the Press Release:

Montreal, Canada, January 10, 2001—Matrox Graphics Inc. today announced endorsement for the DH-MAX, a dual display AGP graphics solution offered by leading Macintosh reseller, ProMax Systems, Inc., on the PowerMacintosh G4 and G4 Cube.

The DH-MAX is a 32 MB AGP-compatible graphics card based on the Matrox G400 chip—the same chip that powers the award-winning Matrox Millennium G400 graphics card—and is bundled with a Mac-based driver written by ProMax specifically for the DH-MAX. The desktop of choice for creative and scientific professionals, the Power Mac G4 leverages the DH-MAX’s 300 MHz RAMDAC to output clear images and text in sharp color.

“ProMax has now made it possible for Mac users to benefit from Matrox’s award-winning DualHead® technology and at an extremely competitive price for this market space,” said Mitch Furman, senior product manager, display technologies, Matrox Graphics Inc. “Matrox is delighted to see the scope of DualHead broadening among the computer industry.”

In addition to outstanding 2D graphics performance, the Matrox G400-based DH-MAX boasts Matrox DualHead display capability. The addition of a second monitor, analog flat panel, or TV lets users view their work in greater perspective for added efficiency. As well, DualHead facilitates presentations with its ability to clone the desktop to a second monitor or a larger display such as a big-screen TV.

Professionals using the Power Mac G4 and G4 Cube will appreciate the ability of the DH-MAX to power two displays simultaneously using a single AGP card, saving precious PCI slots.

The ProMax DH-MAX driver currently supports DualHead display and will include support for 3D and DVI in future releases.
    NocturnDragon

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by nocturn_dragon:
    The ProMax DH-MAX driver currently supports DualHead display and will include support for 3D and DVI in future releases.</font>
    Another OpenGL fiasco then ?

------------------
    I like to con people, but I also like to insult them. What if I could combine the two, I would call it - Consult !

Comment

so far it seems like that but i hope not!

Actually i don't really care 'cause i don't use a Mac!

But maybe Matrox's drivers engeneers are busy working on drivers for some other card.....

------------------
      NocturnDragon

Comment

I was under the impression that you couldn't add any devices to a cube, due to the fact it has no PCI/AGP slots..... maybe i'm wrong tho...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I was watching a satellite feed from MacWorld the other day. Steve Jobs was showing off the new G4 computers (along with System X). The three top models (of four new boxes) all came with nVidia GeForce2 MX cards. The low end came with an ATI Rage Fury card. Where's Matrox? BTW, one thing interesting that Steve showed was a SuperDrive on the top model. The SuperDrive is a burner which supports CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD-R. $700 price bump from the next slower box and the SuperDrive allows you to burn DVDs. That should make some Mac attacks happy.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
          X