Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Matrox G450 OEM's package contains the composite, s-video cable???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Matrox G450 OEM's package contains the composite, s-video cable???

Hi,

Sorry, but the shop may be right. The OEM versions aren't guaranteed to come with anything but a card.

Rags

The cable should come with the card! At least here in Finland it does(G400/G450).

EDIT: You could always try to find out what company(s) that imports Matrox to Hungary and give them a call and ask!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

All extremists should be taken out and shot.

[This message has been edited by Guru (edited 11 January 2001).]
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

It all depends on what the vendor bought.
      G450 IS available without the cable in bulk, so if that's what your vendor bought, that's what he got.
      The cable is available separatly on Matrox's on-line store for about $10us.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thank you for your answers.

Kruzin: Is there any difference in the 'identification string' of the two package? For example the id string of the G450 32MDDR is "G45+MDHA32DR". So can I find out that the G450 my friend bought originally came with cable or not?

Guru: Here in Hungary there is not any official Matrox importer/dealer. Every Matrox card we can buy in my country comes from distributors form another country (eg. Autsria, Germany). It is sad but true.

Comment

There is no way to tell from the number on the card how it was packaged.
          You are pretty much gonna have to take their word for it...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Does the Matrox G450 OEM's package contains the composite, s-video cable???

One of my friend bought a G450 OEM, and he didn't get a cable. In the shop they said, that the cable is not the part of the package of OEM version. They said that you have to buy (!!!) the cable.
            I think it is not true. Unfortunately here in Hungary I can't buy G450 in every computer store, so I can't check what they said... What do you think?

Comment

Working...
            X