G200+Ricoh DVD+PowerDVD=No picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200+Ricoh DVD+PowerDVD=No picture

I've just bought a Ricoh 9060 DVD/CD-RW and was eager to try playing a movie. I had to borrow a disk and somebody gave me a copy of PowerDVD (V2) to try it.

Unfortunately I got absolutely no picture, but can hear the soundtrack.

There's something in the readme about G200s and running the setup program on the CD instead of using the .inf, but how does that work with the later drivers?

I know there are some fixes for this drive which are supposed to stop the region change count. Anyone have any experience of these?

Steve
    Running a Duron 650 on MSI K7T Pro with 128MB
    Also got:
    Yamaha WF192XG
    Haupauge WinTV PCI
    Generic network card for cable modem
    Assorted hard drives
    Steve

Duron 650 on MSI K7T Pro with 128MB, G200, Yamaha WF192XG, Ricoh 9060 DVD/CD-RW, IBM 75GXP 46GB, Win2K

Further to my original message, I've tried WinDVD and that worked fine within the limits of the trial version.

I'm slightly narked that I spent all that money on a drive and didn't get any DVD software. If I want to stay legal I'm faced with spending more money.

I see Matrox sell their player for £5 on their site, but the delivery cost almost doubles the price! I didn't see anything about a downloadable version.

I even tried the Win98 DVD player, but haven't got it working yet.

I'd just like the ability to play Movies. I'm not too bothered about things like Skins. What do folk recommend?

Ho hum

Steve
    Steve

Duron 650 on MSI K7T Pro with 128MB, G200, Yamaha WF192XG, Ricoh 9060 DVD/CD-RW, IBM 75GXP 46GB, Win2K

Comment

Working...
    X